Christmas is only a month away. My nephew's gift could be a problem. I understand he doesn't play video games very much anymore. Maybe I can get him software. Last weekend I was depressed most of the time. Yesterday I worked on a new project at work, which involves adding a user-specified number to the Client ID field (the primary key) of a block of records in the Client Master database table, as well as adding it to the Client ID fields of all other database tables which include that field (the Client IDs to be changed all fall within a certain range).
Today the light bulb in the lamp in my living room burnt out. Which begs the question: how many mad, depressive, blog-writing, would-be game-creation-system-developing computer geeks does it take to change a light bulb? The answer is: exactly three, and their names are Harold, Reginald, and Edgar. This is due to the fact that the computer geek in question holds a PhD in Garzology, the study of crazy thoughts (and the execution of those thoughts, saying them out loud) involving imaginary characters named Harold, Reginald, and Edgar.
I invited my brother's family over for dinner last Saturday, but 3 hours before they were to arrive I cancelled, as I was depressed. Hopefully they can come over this coming weekend. I might work on Pyxelation today. One of the first development tasks is to install my development tools. My short-term goal at work is to work at least 3 hours/day, 9 hours/week, in any given 2-week pay period (I have to work just 3.5 hours tomorrow to make that happen this pay period). My longer-term goal is to up that to 4 hours/day, 12 hours/week. If I do that I can afford to quit my Sound Times job, giving me 3 days/week to work on Pyxelation.
After I do my Christmas shopping I will be less anxious. It's wonderful no longer owning a vehicle, but it's not the solution to all my problems. Nevertheless, apart from Christmas shopping I don't have much in my life to worry about, and that's a blessing. I no longer worry about being laid off at Sound Times. According to my income/expenses spreadsheet, I can afford to give up that job, as long as I work longer hours at APROM. After posting this, I'm going to lie on the couch and drink a 2nd cup of coffee. I must floss my teeth today, as I don't want to get cavities between my teeth. Hopefully I can get into the habit of flossing 3 times a week, which is better than nothing. Self-improvement: faster, stronger, higher! The Olympic Games of health and personal hygiene.
Every time I get depressed I wallow in my embarrassing memories, and think suicidal thoughts (killing myself is punishment for doing silly things). Luckily, none of the methods I fantasize about appeal to me: slitting my wrists, stepping in front of a GO train, drowning myself in Lake Ontario, jumping off a high bridge over the Don Valley. I dare not jump off my balcony, as I'm only on the 5th floor and I might survive as a quadriplegic with brain damage.
I guess I will have that coffee now. As always, it's been nice blogging to my imaginary or quasi-judicial blog readers, and I hope to blog again soon. I hereby sentence the defendant to death, with no chance of parole for over 25 years. How does the defendant plead? I plead guilty, your honour. Very well, take the defendant away to begin serving his or her sentence. That's what passes for justice in this neck of the woods. Hang 'em high! Take 'em to Missouri! (John Wayne delivered that line at the beginning of a long cattle drive in Texas -- Red River.) End of blog, bye-bye, later, dudes.<
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment