Monday, November 9, 2009

Things to work on this winter

After I got rid of my car 3 weeks ago, I thought all my problems would miraculously vanish. That's not the case of course. This past weekend I was more depressed than usual, perhaps aggravated by disappointment (all my problems didn't go away). Here is a list of problems to work on in the weeks and months ahead:
  1. Don't lose my housing, by meeting Constance at her place, monthly, not her coming here.
  2. Work more hours at APROM, to put a halt to the situation of spending more than I earn.
  3. Start flossing my teeth (I don't want to get cavities in between my teeth). I had a dental appt. today and my teeth were cleaned.
  4. Get at least a little bit of exercise by resuming my walking for 30 minutes in my neighbourhood.
  5. Keep on eating out only once or twice a week (usually at McDonald's).
  6. Read my appliance manuals, and get the fridge or W/D inspected if necessary.
  7. Call my lawyer about Point 1 at the end of this month (he's away until the 26th), as I'm still at risk of losing my housing.
  8. Invite my brother's family over for dinner (lasagna & salad) this month.
  9. Christmas shopping.
  10. Implement Pyxelation.
The last point I expect to eventually be as time-consuming (or maybe more time-consuming) than APROM. I plan to work on Pyxelation tomorrow, starting by installing McAfee AntiVirus on the Windows partition of my home computer. Pyxelation will be open source (there are over 200 game-creation systems hosted by SourceForge, which hosts thousands of open source projects).

I don't plan on quitting my Sound Times job in the near future. It's still an option (quitting), if I get really into Pyxelation development. For the time being, I need the money and I get a kick out of helping people learn how to use the computers.

Constance is staying with her brother Max right now. I believe he lives at Davenport + Symington, one short bus ride from where I live (if I walk, it's about one mile). I plan to visit her on December 15, and give her 50 dollars. I need to get a special kind of Vim for Maria, in a spray bottle and with bleach. They don't carry it at the Price Chopper; maybe Shoppers (or Loblaws) has it. I continue enjoying my car-free status, and being able to say that I'm probably greener than thou. Except for my annual pilgrimage to BC to visit my sister. Who is probably the only reader of this blog, assuming it still has any reader(s). Who (other than Kermit the Frog) says it aint easy being green? In my case, it beats driving, or it looks that way, at any rate. Why drive, when you can spend eternity waiting for the Dixie bus 3 times a week? Pardon my belly-aching. We now return you to your previous, greenish-coloured state. Everybody now, let's make fewer tons of CO2 and save the planet! That's my 2 cents worth, on this issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment