Yesterday I finished the heavy coding of my current APROM project. Next week I must do debugging (although it's working pretty well) and testing. I told 2 of my bosses it would be finished by Wednesday of this coming week, and I shouldn't have any trouble meeting that deadline. I might quit my Sound Times job, as I like my APROM job better. In March APROM might move to Tomken + Matheson. Tomken is the next major north-south street to our west, and we are currently a 5-minute walk south of Matheson. I don't mind moving, since the new location is just as easily accessible by Mississauga Transit.
Today I managed to stay off my bed, and I resurrected my Computaverse idea. I might simplify that idea to maintain that a giant, monolithic 4-dimensional lattice of logic gates exists. Each intersection of the lattice is represented by 6 bits of information. We need 4 dimensions as the Computaverse consists of a stack of 3D lattices. The top lattice in the stack is initialized to all zeros. The next lattice is initialized to a one, with the rest all zeros, the next lattice is a zero followed by a one followed by all zeros, the next lattice is two one-bits followed by all zeros, and so on. The bottom lattice in the stack is initialized to all ones. Each lattice contains a staggeringly large no. of intersections, say 2 ^ 65,536, or in decimal form, a one followed by 20,000 zeros. Only an extremely small fraction of these lattices actually functions as a working computer. All other lattices are initialized to garbage. The universe in which we live is a computer simulation running on one of the working lattices, and that simulation was written by sentient digital life forms which evolved from simpler digital life forms, and those life forms inhabit that same working lattice. It might be an interesting project to write up my Computaverse idea in language accessible by the layman. I already have a Computaverse web site, at www.computaverse.com.
I might abandon Pyxelation, as that project will be extremely time-consuming. Also, I might call up Shelley Turk. There is only one S Turk listed in canada411.ca in Toronto. A week ago I called that number but there was no answer. Shelley has schizophrenia and I saw her only once (19 years ago) in the past 32 years. In 1978 we lived in the same group home. I'm going to have a 3rd cup of coffee and then have dinner. Stay tuned to this blog for Computaverse updates. Over and out.
Saturday, January 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment