I finally got my Garzology web server to work. So now I know that I can use Twisted and Python to develop a web server, and also hopefully a game server. Game server development is the first task of Pyxelation development. (I will no longer be developing a schizophrenia web site.) In order to simplify the Pyxelation game engine, animated objects are confined to either grid intersections or an imaginary line connecting 2 adjacent grid intersections. An exception to that rule is the missile object, which is always circular and can go anywhere, not just on grid lines.
Last Sunday I asked my boss, Arvin (who is in China), for a raise, and he approved my pay raise request yesterday. My hourly rate remains unchanged, but the raise comes into effect after I finish my current project. I will be multiplying the total amount of time I spend on breaks by a factor of 50 percent, and subtracting that amount from the total time in the office (end time minus start time). Right now the break-time factor is 100 percent, not 50 percent. I hope to make at least $975/month, and then I can continue to withdraw just $500/month from my mutual funds, and still cover my living expenses. Prior to Arvin approving my pay raise request, I was so depressed (thinking that he wouldn't even reply to my email) that I was preparing to write a "cry for help" email to my shrink, as I was having serious suicidal thoughts. But then I turned on my computer, received Arvin's email approving my pay raise request, and the depression lifted.
Today I have to go to the Volunteer Appreciation Night at Fred Victor Centre (it starts at 4:30). I will probably go to APROM tomorrow, instead of Friday. Last weekend I moved my old color inkjet printer/fax/scanner machine, which had been unused, to the far end of my long desk, well away from my other hardware. I also moved the monitor of my old computer (also unused) from my long desk to the living room for the time being. After Pyxelation is working, I intend to purchase a desktop computer powerful enough to be my game server, and capable of hosting hundreds of players simultaneously. It will go where my color inkjet printer machine used to be, and I will also buy a switching box, enabling me to use my existing monitor/keyboard/mouse for both of my desktop computers. During Pyxelation development, my laptop will be my game server.
So on the whole, everything's coming along nicely. I might work on Pyxelation this afternoon. I have to leave my apartment at 3:50. It might rain this afternoon, but if it does rain, it will be brief, according to the CBC weather forecast. A little later I'll have a 2nd cup of coffee. I had Easter dinner at my brother's place. My sister is sad because her partner left her recently. I remember receiving her email with the bad news, and I felt really bad for her (it was a bit of a shock; reminds me of when I received a Dear John letter from my girlfriend when I was 20). We might rent a cottage on Lake Okanagan or Lake Shuswap this summer, for a week (I'm supposed to research that on the Internet). She's coming to Toronto in the winter. I might eat cookies now (I'm not a very healthy eater; often a muffin equals lunch when I'm in Mississauga). Must cut my fingernails. So that wraps up one more blog post from the World of Harold.
Wednesday, April 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment