Thursday, October 28, 2010

Climbing out of the hole

I've been depressed lately but today I'm less depressed. Maria my cleaning lady came today. Her husband was recently diagnosed with bone cancer (in his rib). Six years ago he had esophageal cancer. Maria said (as she was leaving) that this time they can't operate to remove the cancer. So I obviously don't have a monopoly on experiencing depression; Maria and her family are also having a hard time.

Today I dabbled in Clixmaker development. Soon I will be ready to start coding the game editor (in Python). Hopefully if I'm immersed in Clixmaker coding much of the time I'll achieve a level of stability unmatched since this past June. That month I was busy implementing Pygridz (a predecessor of Clixmaker), also in Python. By Sunday I hope that I will have started coding the game editor. If I'm not depressed I will go to work tomorrow (I haven't yet been to either of my 2 jobs this week).

Today I made coffee, which is always a good sign. Later I mailed my prescription drug receipts to Trillium, which pays for my meds (less a $430 deductible; 2 days ago I printed out a spreadsheet of my receipts to send to Trillium). Maria asked me what kind of computer she should buy, and I told her a netbook. They cost between 300 and 400 dollars (sometimes less than $300). I told Maria that my sister Cathy is going to visit me in January. She might have a workshop in Toronto at that time. I might have another coffee after Maria goes home. I'm going to make coffee now (Maria just went home). Soon it will be time for the News at 5 on CBC. As such, he who is violent and mangled must publish this post and sign out of Blogger.

No comments:

Post a Comment