Thursday, November 4, 2010

Flirting with Clixmaker Implementation

Today or this weekend I hope to begin implementing Clixmaker. First I must review my Pygame book, as I will be using Pygame (a game programming toolkit for Python) to implement the Clixmaker prototype. Once the implementation of Clixmaker is well underway, I hope to overcome depression. I began implementing Pygridz (a predecessor of Clixmaker) in mid-May and experienced little or no depression for the month of June. In July I got sidetracked with a different project as well as dating Helen Posno, who dumped me around the end of July. I have been more depressed than usual since I got back from my vacation in Victoria. Yesterday I went to work, but my allergy was bothering me and I didn't do any work. Tomorrow I plan to go to work, and actually do some work.

Today I mended the zipper on my black winter coat that Maria (my cleaning lady) gave me, by inserting a large paper clip which takes the place of the handle of the zipper, which broke off. That coat is not very warm, so I will have to wear my black down vest underneath it when the weather gets really cold (either that or buy a new winter coat).

I gave my old computer to Mark Brown, whose mother, Norma Brown, was a friend of my mother's and I used to help her with computer problems. A week from now I will begin tutoring Mark on using his computer. He has schizophrenia and Asperger's Syndrome. His previous computer died, and its mouse doesn't work with my old computer, so on Saturday I have to bring my old mouse over to Mark's place. I will charge Mark $15/hour for computer tutoring. Assuming the mouse works, I might tutor Mark on using WordPad (a bare-bones word processor) on Saturday. One of the staff at Pilot Place (where Mark lives), a guy named Frank, will set up his Internet.

I just made a Clixmaker prototype design decision to use a 16-sided polygon, instead of a circle, when painting tiles. Each square tile is composed of 16 polygons. Those 16 polygons are delineated by a circle subscribed within the square outline (now actually a 16-sided polygon), 2 diagonal lines from corner to corner, a horizontal line and a vertical line going through the center of the square.

I have to make 4 phone calls: I need to see my GP in order to review the results of my blood work and urine sample, and I need to call back Main and Victoria. Those 2 people I met while working at Fred Victor Mission in the early 90s. Victoria was the head of the Computer Club (I was their technical support person). I ran into Victoria on the Sherbourne bus a couple of months ago, while going home from my volunteer job at Fred Victor. Sometimes I help Main with computer problems (he's from Bangladesh), and he buys me lunch or gives me ten dollars. I might call my brother, who I haven't visited in a long time. Maybe I will invite his family over for dinner one of these days.

So I guess I should get busy reviewing my Pygame book soon (just the introductory chapters). Then I will have a 2nd cup of coffee. I need to buy a 2nd pair of blue jeans and maybe an electric kettle that shuts off automatically. My present kettle doesn't always work unless you bend the electrical cord at the base of the kettle slightly to the left and hold it a few seconds until it starts getting warm. I must renew my McAfee antivirus soon, as it expires in a few days. This morning I bought groceries. So everything's under control and hunky-dory here at the future nerve centre of Clixmaker.com, and that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment