Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Continuing to work at home

I was depressed on Sunday and Monday, as my boss didn't approve my design specs (that I submitted very early Saturday morning) until very early on Tuesday morning. I was worried that he would never approve them, even that my job was in jeopardy, as I haven't been into the office in a long time. Today I was supposed to help Mark Brown with a computer problem, and then go to my volunteer job, but I didn't feel up to it and canceled both appts. Then I had a nap and now I feel better. My sister called me this morning and told me that her flight from Victoria comes in at midnight, so I'm looking forward to seeing her (she's staying for 8 days). The CBC TV news comes on soon, and afterwards I will have Chunky Soup for dinner and work on Clixmaker until my sister arrives. My next Clixmaker task is to write the Overview for Non-Programmers, and that web page will be part of the Clixmaker web site. Tomorrow I will work (at home) on my APROM project. The next task in that project is to create fake screens, which our programmers in China will use as guidance when they implement the system.

I might buy groceries after (or before) I eat dinner. My sister and I can eat spaghetti, pasta sauce, and salad for dinner tomorrow night. I need to buy a prepackaged salad, orange juice for breakfast, coffee, waffles, and maybe something for lunch tomorrow (bread, mustard and cold cuts, or mayo for egg salad). Tomorrow it's supposed to snow, but Thursday is supposed to be sunny and we can always go grocery shopping that day instead of tomorrow. This blog post will be shorter than usual, as I don't have much news to report. We will have my cousin Ellen over for dinner during my sister's visit, as well as her friend Don Carr some other night. Hopefully I won't get depressed, so I can do the dishes every night (it's not fair to burden my sister with both the cooking and cleaning up). If I do feel too depressed to do the dishes some night, I can just put the food away and do the dishes in the morning. And now a round of applause for my sister, who is probably the only person in my social circle unlucky enough to have to actually read this blog regularly. Thanks, Cathy, for listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment