I was depressed last weekend and for the past 3 days (the depression lifted today). Last Friday (9 days ago) I had a short-lived idea to create an anonymous home page that displays my computer-generated crazy talking. For most of last week I had another idea to create a web site that helps people on low incomes. That idea involved donors who donate to organizations that help people on low incomes, and 50 percent of those donations go directly to the people being helped. The obvious problem with that idea is that if people find out they can get paid by attending the programs of a given organization, it will attract people who don't really need to be helped by that organization. Now I'm going to return to working on Clixmaker (my games program). I'm currently involved in developing a multi-player Scrabble program. When that's done I can start to implement Clixmaker. On Tuesday I might attend the monthly meeting of PyGTA, a local user group for Python programmers (most of Clixmaker is written in Python). I intend to post a help-wanted notice on their mailing list, hoping to recruit up to 5 Python programmers to help me implement Clixmaker.
Today I bought groceries, and tomorrow I'm going to wash my hair, get a haircut, and work on documenting a new software project (for my paid job at APROM). Also I have to call A-Way Express and cancel my job interview, as I don't really want to be a courier right now. I just looked up my cousin Ellen's phone number using 411.ca. My sister wants me to call Ellen, as my sister is visiting me in the last week of this month, for 9 days, and she wants to invite Ellen over for dinner. My sister does all the cooking when she visits me, as I lack cooking skills. At least I always make us both coffee in the morning, and I do the cleaning up after dinner. Maybe I won't cancel A-Way. I think they let you work only 6 hours a day for one day a week (you can work more hours if you want), but I'm not sure about that. I should probably trim my beard today.
This week I have 5 places to go to: my volunteer job on Tuesday afternoon, the PyGTA meeting on Tuesday evening, a job interview at A-Way on Wednesday morning, helping out in the computer class at Progress Place on Thursday afternoon, and Helen Posno's art show on Thursday evening (I dated her briefly last summer). For what seemed like well over a week I had Cat Stevens' song Wild World running through my head. Last night Steven Page of the Barenaked Ladies was on W5, so now I have If I Had a Million Dollars running through my head. I spent $36.53 on groceries today, which is the exact amount I predicted before I got in line at the checkout. Being able to predict grocery totals every time I go grocery shopping means not buying stuff that has to be weighed (like produce), so I don't eat very healthy. I think I spend about $130/month on groceries. I might order a toner cartridge on Thursday (my laser printer is low on toner), and they deliver the next business day.
I hope I can sleep tonight. Depression lifting (which happened today) often leads to insomnia in my case. My sister must lose weight, or she will probably get diabetes. Diabetes is a side effect of my anti-psychotic, and there was a Canadian class action suit against its manufacturer, Eli Lilly. It's dinnertime, so I will wrap up right now. I'm going to heat up a turkey, stuffing, and mashed potato frozen dinner. For dessert I will have maple creme cookies. Time to microwave up a storm in the kitchen. Take it easy, and I'll blog again soon.
Sunday, March 13, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment