I have been out of the hospital for a week and a half. I've been to Fred Victor twice and to Progress Place twice since being discharged. I might participate in the development of the new membership database of Progress Place. Their old database is somewhat difficult to work with, and the guy who developed it, a member, is no longer with Progress Place (they can't even access its source code). I will have to learn how to use Microsoft Access 2007. I like going to Progress Place, which is something I intend to do every Thursday. On Thursdays at 3 p.m. I'm one of their computer tutors, teaching other members how to use the computers (I also do that at Fred Victor).
Arvin, my boss, has given me some time off. I hope that doesn't last too long, as it's nice to make money and I like doing work for APROM. Maria, my cleaning lady, is here today. This afternoon I will read the Globe and Mail and maybe work on Clixmaker. On Tuesday evening I go to a meeting of PyGTA, a local user group of Python programmers. Much of Clixmaker will be developed in Python, and I intend to post a message to the PyGTA mailing list in order to recruit programmers to help develop Clixmaker. Yesterday I visited my brother, and gave him the card I made in rec therapy group. He is working the night shift these days, and has trouble sleeping. His son Alex might go to a school in a suburb of Vancouver for 2 years (he graduates from high school this year), where he would play baseball.
I might stop using my TV, thereby saving about $20 per month. I can watch the TV news (even 60 Minutes) on my computer. My cousin Ellen gave me that idea, to use my computer instead of my TV. Her TV has rabbit ears, as I don't think she has cable TV. I put a cushion on a stool to put my legs on when I'm watching my computer, and it's almost as comfortable as lying on the couch, also the picture is better on my computer. I'm going to lie down on the couch now. I have a bit of a sore throat. After Maria goes home I will work on my test Scrabble program (part of my Clixmaker project). Tomorrow I will buy groceries: sugar, margarine, cookies, coffee, coffee filters, etc. And so, another blog post gets wrapped up here in T.O. See you later, Harold-readers.
Saturday, April 16, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment