Last weekend and yesterday I was depressed (except I wasn't depressed when I was at my brother's place for Easter dinner on Sunday). Today I'm only a little bit depressed. I got up at 11 a.m. and called in depressed at 12:30 p.m. (I was supposed to go to Fred Victor today). Three things are making me depressed: 1) my boss said I could take a break, and I don't know whether that's permanent, in which case my only duties would continue to be doing software releases; 2) last week my GP told me my good cholesterol is low, and recommended I eat oily fish such as tuna, flaxseed, and exercise more; 3) this morning I had blood in my stool and my GP said to come in right away if that happens instead of waiting for my next appt. later this month. I hope I don't have colon cancer. I intend to stay off my bed until at least 8 p.m. today. I might work on writing the design specs for Clixmaker today. I recently made a major change in my Clixmaker implementation plans: I will make Clixmaker compatible with Adobe Flash, not HTML5, and the game engine (Clixtalk Virtual Machine, or CVM) will be written in ActionScript (the language used for writing all Flash programs), not JavaScript. Also I won't be making Clixmaker compatible with the Google App Engine anymore. So I have to make a lot of changes to the design specs.
On Easter Sunday I met Mike and Lynn at my brother's place. Mike is extroverted, and he operates some kind of printing press. His employer seems to have contracts with big companies, and they keep getting downsized. They don't appear to have any kids. Mike is about my brother's age. Often at my brother's place the topic of conversation turns to cars at some point (when they have friends over). I'm lucky that I don't need a car. One less thing to worry about. I will probably watch the news at 5 p.m. I'm too lazy to get rid of my TV; it's easier to just pick up the remote instead of getting used to watching TV shows on my computer.
I learned one new thing on Sunday: companies that print food labels can't have cracks in their floors, which might provide a safe haven for bacteria. Yesterday I had a piece of chocolate cake for lunch, and a piece of orange cake with cream cheese icing for dinner. So I've now eaten up all the food Susan sent me home with. For dinner I will have frozen food. I had 2 cups of coffee today, and my usual Bran Flakes for breakfast. Sometimes I have cookies or 2 frozen waffles for lunch; today I skipped lunch. My diet is not the greatest. Tomorrow I must buy groceries, which will include canned tuna for tuna sandwiches, and maybe bread containing flaxseed (I just found out I need flaxseed oil, a nutritional supplement). Better living, thru diet and exercise; hopefully I'm up to the challenge of keeping the Grim Reaper away for another 2 or 3 decades. Unless I bump myself off (I have a mood disorder). Oh well. Hopefully at least I'll be depression-free for a few days, if I'm lucky. And so, sans depression (hopefully), it's time to say goodbye to the nice blog readers, Reginald. Until next time.
Tuesday, April 26, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment