Yesterday I upgraded the version of Linux on my main home computer to Ubuntu 8.10 (Intrepid Ibex) from Ubuntu 8.04 (Hardy Heron). Today I installed something called Sugar, which is a platform for developing software that runs on the XO Laptop. Sugar only runs on Ubuntu 8.10, not 8.04. I might decide to make Linux my main operating system. It boots up much faster than Windows. Today I set up my Linux email and sent an email to myself from within Windows, and in Linux I never received it, so I don't know whether my Linux email is working or not.
Developing TileGamer for Linux, in Python, and making it work on the XO Laptop is a daunting task. I think I will neglect making TileGamer Windows-compatible for now, and concentrate on the Linux/Sugar version. Also, at least initially, I won't worry too much about making TileGamer multiplayer.
Yesterday I was tempted to go back to bed after reading the newspaper, but instead I turned on the computer and upgraded my Linux, thereby avoiding weekend depression. I love those weekends which happen to be depression-free. After I publish this post, I'm going to research how to develop Sugar activities (Sugar applications are called activities). Also today I must make plane reservations, visiting my sister in Victoria in the last 2 weeks of August. So I've got 2 things to look forward to: visiting my sister (easy), and implementing TileGamer (somewhat harder). Now it's time to publish and take a break.
Sunday, May 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment