For the 3rd night in a row I've had little or no sleep. I've been busy working on the TileGamer web site, which is now ready for public consumption. After I post this I'm going to thank Riel, my niece, for reading my blog, and then I'm going to email the OLPC Games mailing list. I want to spread the word about TileGamer, and hopefully recruit one or more collaborators to help me implement it.
I'm probably going to hang on to my car until November, when the insurance runs out. My sister is visiting me this fall, and having a car is handy for picking her up/dropping her off at the airport (also she can use it when I'm not at work, which is most of the time). She visited me for 10 days, and went home to Victoria a week ago. I'm visiting her in August.
I spent $700 on a laptop and it's a piece of crap. I couldn't get my Doc-to-Help software to work on it, which I use for converting my web site documentation from Word format to HTML. It doesn't work on my main home computer either, it only works on the computer at work. Also I find it very tedious to use the trackpad to control the cursor, so I might end up buying a 2nd mouse.
Well, I've got 3 hours to kill before the Price Chopper opens (I'm out of milk). This afternoon I have a dentist appt., and tomorrow I go downtown to my computer teaching job at Sound Times. Friday I must go to work and resume the drudgery of writing dozens of report descriptions, and incorporating those descriptions into the Security Management System (SMS) software package. When that's done I will be all finished with Delphi programming, and my main duties will be doing software releases, maintaining setup scripts, writing manuals, and keeping the office fridge stocked with pop (at least until I get rid of my car). I need to get an oil change for my car soon. I might have to get the front shocks replaced, as they are weak. I guess I should get busy posting to the OLPC Games mailing list shortly. That's all for now.
Wednesday, May 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment