Saturday, May 30, 2009

Ubuntu & Python

Today I got out of bed earlier than usual, around 7 a.m., showered, and bought groceries (a good-sized haul, 12 items, $34). Then I had breakfast, made coffee, and read the Globe and Mail. Afterwards I wasn't at all tempted to go back to bed (unlike many Saturdays in the past), and had a 2nd coffee. Then I set up my computer so I can write Python programs in Ubuntu (my version of Linux), which wasn't very hard. I then booted into Windows and copied my Python source code to my memory stick. Then I booted into Ubuntu (which took only 2 minutes), copying my source code to my hard drive, tested it, and it worked. Now I'm all set up to begin programming the TileGamer shell in Python. I'm beginning to like Linux.

According to my blog, last weekend I avoided depression just like this weekend, so far. But last Monday I called in depressed, and the next day I was also depressed. I went to work on Wednesday and called in sick (to Sound Times) the next day. Hopefully I won't call in depressed this coming week. Yesterday I finished performing a small Delphi programming job at work, which was enjoyable. I'm going to install Delphi 6 and all of the tools we use at APROM onto my laptop, so I can do small programming jobs for APROM at home, keeping my laptop and my computer at APROM in sync, source code-wise.


After I post this, I'm going to pay a couple of bills, finish my diet coke, and have a 3rd cup of coffee, relaxing on the couch (I must update my to-do list). I drink up to 4 cups of coffee per day, never after 6 p.m. Hopefully I can get some Python programming done this weekend.


I'm not a breeder. All I need is a computer, real coffee (not the instant kind) in the fridge and a depression-free weekend. No need for women in my life. I have sexual problems, so it might be difficult for me to be in a relationship. Sometimes I'm attracted to women if they're not fat or ugly, but thanks to my being an introvert, I generally avoid getting hooked up with the opposite sex (there's always mastur-you-know-what, as I have a few Playboy magazines and access to a free porn site). I think that living with someone would be a hassle. I don't like cooking, so I'd always get stuck with the dishes. Raising kids is for those baby-making machines we call the fairer sex, and their hapless partners. Too much trouble for the likes of me. I don't need the added responsibilities, along with the mortgage, the full-time job, the alarm clock 5 days a week, having a car (or two), keeping up with the Joneses, and miniature Harolds and Harriets
underfoot. I like where I'm living and I don't want to move. Maybe my life is somewhat truncated, but I like it that way. Now if you'll excuse me, I've got bills to pay and coffee to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment