Sunday, July 12, 2009

Rears its Ugly Head

Once again depression rears its ugly head. Last Tuesday I had a bad allergy day (sneezing, runny nose) and I helped Norma Brown, the older lady I help with computer problems. She bought a used computer for her son Mark, who has schizophrenia, and I picked up Norma, went to the computer place, and set it up at Mark's place. (I charged Norma $30.) Later that day I felt depressed, which persisted until this morning. I wasn't depressed at work, and did not call in depressed, but yesterday I went back to bed after reading the newspaper, and got up to watch the news at 6 p.m. Today after breakfast I made coffee, and this afternoon I plan to install Delphi 6 and all the development tools we use at my workplace on my home computer. This will enable me to work at home 50 percent of the time (1.5 days/week at home, 1.5 days/week at work). If I only go in to the office 3 days every 2 weeks, I won't need my car anymore. If I don't have a car, I'll save a lot of money. Although it takes me about 1.25 hours each way to get to work by public transportation, which is not really such a hardship if I only have to do it 3 times every 2 weeks.

Things to do soon: buy groceries, take car in for an oil change, finish coding the TileGamer feature I mentioned in my previous blog post, get a haircut, trim my beard, put air in my tires next time I buy gas, visit my Aunt Helen who is 94, visit my brother, ask my brother if I can give my car to his son Alex if his grades improve in the fall (Alex is 16), make an appt. with my GP for a physical. In 5 weeks I fly to Victoria to visit my sister. Dear Edgar: I ast Harold if I could write you a letter and he said that I could. Yours sincerely, Reginald [embedded crazy talking]. Definition: "ast" = past tense of "ask". So I had my other dog put down.

I probably won't buy groceries until tomorrow. I have lots of milk, cereal, and orange juice, which I bought on Friday. So breakfast is not a problem, and I can have Kraft Dinner tonight/this afternoon. At 1:30 I'm going to have a 2nd cup of coffee. I'm in Linux now; soon I must boot into Windows in order to install Delphi 6, and put up with 50 million spam messages (I haven't booted into Windows for a long time, as I'm using Linux for TileGamer development). My work-related home email address is only activated in my Windows-based email client (Outlook). So I guess I will now wrap up another blog post and say goodbye to Linux, and hello to Windows. Say bye-bye to the nice blog readers, Harold. Bye-bye! Enjoy your net surfing. Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment