Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Canada Day-Off

Last month I was only depressed for 1.5 days. I don't think I'll be able to repeat that feat this month. Here it is the 1st of the month and I'm already mildly depressed. But I'm not going back to bed. Later I must do TileGamer testing. I wrote a fair amount of code lately that needs to be tested. Next week I must take my laptop to work and install all our development tools on it. That will enable me to work at home 3 days every 2 weeks and go in to the office 3 days every 2 weeks, taking public transportation. This month I must get an oil change, which is stressful. The mechanic (which my brother recommended) always seems to find something wrong with my car when I take it in. I also need a haircut, and I must trim my beard. On Tuesday I must pick up Norma Brown (who was a friend of my late mother's), and transport her son's new computer from the store to his home. I charge her $15/hour for computer help. I'm going to call my brother and ask him if he wants to come with me on a visit to our Aunt Helen this weekend, who is 94 and lives in a nursing home. So it's a relatively busy month ahead, next month I fly to Victoria to visit my sister. September or October I get rid of my car; I'm going to ask my brother if I can give it to Alex, my nephew, if his grades improve in the fall (he'll be 17 in September).

I'm going to take a break from writing this and visit my niece's blog, which I haven't been to in a long while. (Nothing new there.) At least I feel less depressed now. Soon I must buy groceries: sugar, coffee, margarine, milk, frozen dinners, etc. Alas, no long weekend this Canada Day. My psychiatrist says I need to exercise in order to get rid of my pot belly. Hopefully I'll go for a 30-minute walk today. I must go to my GP for a physical this summer. Also I need to get the wax in my ears flushed out. Tomorrow I must go to my Sound Times job, which I'm seriously thinking of quitting in the near future. If I get rid of my car I won't need the money from my Sound Times job, and if I quit that job I'll have more time available for TileGamer development. I made a spreadsheet to keep track of my income/expenses, which I update weekly. My friend Constance just called. She often calls and asks me if she can have money prior to the 20th of the month, and I usually tell her no. I'm going to give her $50 on July 20, which I do regularly, once a month. So that's the story this week. I'll most likely post again this weekend. (Forty-five minutes until next coffee break.) Happy Birthday, Canada!

No comments:

Post a Comment