Two weeks ago I had programmer's block: all afternoon I'd do nothing but stare at my code, and then go home, which lasted almost 2 weeks. Last Monday my programmer's block lifted slightly, and I did a little bit of coding. Last Wednesday I didn't do much coding, but I was fully unblocked and I planned where my APROM code is going and how to get there. Yesterday I was slightly depressed (my allergy was bothering me and it was raining), and called in depressed. Today I read the paper, had a coffee, and read a chapter of my Python/Pygame book. Then I had another coffee and did not go back to bed as I often do on Saturdays. I have a Pyxelation plan, which I recently emailed to my sister and ex-brother-in-law. The first step, after I finish reading my Python book, is to create a multiplayer Space War game. Each player's space ship is an isosceles triangle of 30, 75 and 75 degrees. Players use the arrow keys to speed up/slow down and fire bullets in the direction they are pointing. Players also drag the mouse cursor to change direction. After I get that game to work, I can begin designing/implementing the Pyxelator (game editor). I'm a Man with a Mission, as my former co-worker Rob Callaghan once remarked. Using Python and my Pyxelator to create multiplayer games will be almost as easy to do as a first-time high school-age computer science student being given the task of programmatically generating a list of the first 100 prime numbers.
Today or tomorrow I must open the mail, including my bank/credit card statements. I also must enter the money I spent and recorded in my date book into my expenses spreadsheet. I use that spreadsheet to track my income/expenses. I have almost one year to renew my driver's license, which expired 10 days ago. My credit card expired in February, and I have yet to inform my domain name registrar (godaddy.com) and my web hosting provider (discountasp.net) about my new credit card info. I must go to the post office (if it's too far to walk I can always take the Dundas bus) to pick up a letter, but not today as it's windy and rainy.
Last week I found out when APROM is moving (March 29) and where they are moving to (5984 Tomken Road), and that it's just as easy to get to via Mississauga Transit (by perusing their route and schedule info on the web) as our present location. So that's a big weight off my mind. The next time I see my boss, who was in China part of last week (for 3 weeks), I'll ask him why we're moving. One thing that remains a mystery is whether they have any fast food joints within easy walking distance of our new location. If not, I must buy deli meat once a week and brown bag my lunches 3 times a week. Maybe I will even buy apples once in a while to have with my sandwiches, and/or cookies, for lunch. I used to do that a long time ago at our present location, before I moved into my present condo. I might have to give up my cherished habit of calculating in my head what my groceries will cost before I enter the line at the checkout, since apples are sold by the pound. One way around that is to memorize what they charge me for, say, 3 medium-sized red delicious apples priced at X dollars/lb. That way I can still gauge what the total grocery bill will be, plus or minus 10 cents. I know that Loblaws has scales for customers to use, but I don't think Price Chopper where I now shop has those scales. So if fast food is unavailable at our new location, at least I will eat healthier.
It's almost time to watch the News on CTV, so I will post this soon. I might also watch W-5, and maybe even Saturday Night at the Movies (usually it's a crummy movie). Tomorrow I watch the news on CTV, 60 Minutes, and The National. Last week I finished recording my 7-day TV watching for BBM Surveys, for which I received a toonie (I also had to fill out their marketing survey). Anyway, that's all for now, later, dudes.
Saturday, March 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment