Today I'm not depressed. I took a shower and washed my hair, and made coffee. Then I wrote an email to Susan, my brother's partner (who does my taxes), which consisted of the following paragraph:
I hope you don't mind too much doing my taxes this year. Next year I can do them myself using tax-filing software, if you prefer. There's just one thing outstanding, my home renovation tax credit package, which will be supplied by my condo's property management company. Also, my company name is now Pyxelation.com, not Zeologic anymore. Many thanks.
Yesterday my brother Dave and I met my 3rd cousin Marsha at the house which used to belong to my Aunt Helen, who is in a nursing home (Marsha sold that house recently). I had previously told Marsha I wanted the lamp which was made out of a piece of driftwood, and Dave wanted some tools. Dave couldn't get the cover of his pickup truck open, but I took possession of the lamp (which goes on my desk, next to the computer). Later I gave my tax stuff to Susan, and she made me feel like I was imposing on her for expecting her to do my taxes (she said, jokingly, why was I giving her my taxes?), so that's why I emailed her today. Dave gave me a Sony MP3 player for my birthday, which is what I had asked for.
After I had my coffee, I bought groceries, and was overcharged 30 cents for a 560 g box of sugar mini donuts. Even though they have a policy of giving you the item for free if you're overcharged, I wasn't 100 percent sure that they overcharged me, so I let it go. Then I had breakfast, took my pills, brushed my teeth, had a 2nd cup of coffee, and wrote this blog post. Today I'm going to start reading my Python/Pygame book, and maybe also the Python Networking with Twisted book. The weather is sunny and mild. I agreed to record my TV viewing for a week, for BBM Surveys. Today I must record my Thursday and Friday viewing info (local news on CBC, and W5). Later I must finish answering all the questions (there are a lot of them). I'm going to have sugar mini donuts for lunch. I hope they don't go stale, as 560 g is a lot of wee donuts.
My APROM job isn't going well. For over a week I haven't done any work on my current programming project. I guess I have programmer's block. Arvin gets back from China on Tuesday, and may be in the office on Wednesday. He doesn't know that I've stopped working. Hopefully I'll manage to get some work done tomorrow. My workplace might move this month, to a location which is close to the nearest east-west street (Matheson) and the next major north-south street (Tomken) to the west of our current location (Dixie). I don't mind much moving as it's still easy to get to by Mississauga Transit.
Susan just emailed me, saying that she doesn't mind doing my taxes at all, and that she was just teasing me yesterday. So that was nice of her. I have a lot of nice people in my social network (heavy on family and relatives, light on friends). So I guess I will get busy reading up on Python soon. Must floss teeth today. Maybe even go for a walk, if I'm feeling super-ambitious. To the couch, Harold! Bye-bye, dear blog readers.
Sunday, March 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment