This weekend I started implementing Pygridz. First I defined the 5 basic classes: Game, Level, Room, Tilex, and Pattern. Next I wrote and debugged code to save and load the contents of 4 lists of those classes (except the Game class, which contains the other 4 lists) to and from disk. Two days ago I finished coding my APROM project, which has taken me several months. I still have to fix a minor bug, implement a progress indicator (which is easy), and do a lot of testing. My next APROM project will be converting SMS (guard scheduling software) from Delphi 4 to Delphi 6, which will take a long time. Yesterday I got depressed in the evening, which happens to me every Saturday (I'm often depressed most of the day on Saturdays). I'm going to have a 2nd cup of coffee after I publish this post.
The next step in my Pygridz project is to implement dialog boxes, enabling the user to add/modify/delete objects (such as Tilex objects). A Tilex object is composed of one or more square tiles, all the same color. It feels good that the implementation of Pygridz is finally underway, after my working sporadically on its design for more than a decade, but implementing very little.
Yesterday I memorized my sister's phone number. It involves the number 4, although none of its digits are 4's, and its 4th digit is the same as the middle digit of the area code. The next 3 digits are sequential and in descending order, and the last 3 digits are one less than a power of 2. I can't actually call her, as she has rented out her house and is currently out of town. I'm probably going to visit her in Victoria in October. Now I will make coffee and lie on the couch. My back pain has disappeared. In June I must see my GP, as I had a urine test and I have protein in my urine. I must modify my Facebook privacy settings (Facebook privacy issues have been in the news lately) so that strangers can't view my profile, which links to this blog. My blog is private. I might have toasted waffles for lunch, and then go for a walk. The weather is warm and sunny.
For those of you out there in cyberspace who are programmers, happy coding! For all other users, happy Windowing or happy Macintoshing, whichever the case may be. I'm outta here.
Sunday, May 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment