Sunday, May 30, 2010

Weekend Depression

It seems like every Saturday I get depressed after reading the Globe and Mail. Yesterday I made Kraft Dinner, and as usual I watched the CTV News, then W5. Then at 8 p.m. I went to bed. I'm still slightly depressed, but I think the depression is lifting. This afternoon I plan to create a 2nd dialog box for Pygridz. The 1st dialog box displays a list of tilex objects, and the 2nd dialog box will display all fields for a single tilex object. A tilex object is a set of one or more square tiles. Maybe someday I can port Pygridz to the iPad. It's written in Python, so it's cross platform-ready. I just had a brain-wave: on Saturdays I will only read the first section of the Globe, and then have a coffee. Then on Tuesday evening I will read the rest of the Globe. I will try that out next weekend and see if I can thereby avoid Saturday depressions.

Maybe when Ralph, my ex-brother-in-law, sent me 2 angry/sarcastic emails last Tuesday after I abandoned my Canersys project, that might have contributed to my depression this weekend. I apologized to Ralph and he accepted my apology, via email, so that's over and done with. My boss, Arvin, put the kibosh on my idea to work from home on Fridays, but he did let me cut down from 3 to 2 days a week. I indicated that I didn't want to upgrade SMS from Delphi 4 to Delphi 6, and he's OK with that.

I'm going to make a to-do list, hopefully today, or at least sometime this week. In June I want to renew my driver's license, buy felt chair-leg pads from Canadian Tire and computer paper from Staples. I might even apply for a passport, so I can go to China with Arvin. I also must mail in my income tax. Susan, my sister-in-law, does my taxes every year and she says I get a refund. I must invite those guys over for dinner. Also, I must see my GP as I have protein in my urine, and my ear is itchy. Today or tomorrow I must pay the Visa bill.

My first Pygridz task today will be to highlight an entire row, not just a single field the way it is now, in the 1st dialog box. The up/down arrow keys move the highlight up and down. The next task will be to implement the 2nd dialog box. After I accomplish the first task I will have a 2nd cup of coffee and take a break. That's today's plan to keep depression at bay. Every Sunday evening I watch TV for 3 hours, although we now might be almost into the summer reruns for 60 Minutes, unfortunately. So I will now get busy and write a little Python code. Step by step, Pygridz will get further and further along. Someday, I will have a working game creation system, and Pygridz users will log on to my game server to play and create games. Happy coding! Or, Happy surfing! to the non-programmers amongst you.

No comments:

Post a Comment