Today I might start writing the detailed Clixmaker design specs. Clixmaker will be closed source, and I will charge a subscription fee to Clixmaker users who want to become members. Non-members are limited to a single user-game configuration record in the user-game configuration table (UG table for short). So for instance, a non-member who makes it into the top ten high scores for a given game will no longer be ranked in the top ten for that game if that user switches to another game. The UG table is stored on the Clixmaker.com server, not on the game designers' servers. I intend to team up with a JavaScript programmer, who would be willing to work for free in exchange for a 45 percent part-ownership of Clixmaker. I will offer Arvin (my boss) a 10 percent part-ownership, and in return APROM personnel would be made available to give me business and technical advice from time to time. I will advertise in a programmers' forum for the JavaScript Programmer position.
After I write the detailed Clixmaker design specs, I will write a test Scrabble program using JavaScript, and use the Google Channel API to make it multi-player. Then I'm going to have an online Scrabble game with my niece, Riel. I might also write a Pong game using JavaScript, and play it online with my nephew, Jesse. At that point I will offer Arvin the 10 percent part-ownership.
This afternoon I have a dentist appt., and on the way home from the dentist I will get a haircut. This morning I must call Progress Place and make an appt. w/ the Intake Worker. I was a member of Progress Place (a club-house for consumer/survivors) in 1990, and I want to return there as a member. Maybe they will let me be a volunteer computer teacher. If I like Progress Place then I will quit my volunteer job at Fred Victor.
Clixmaker will support financial transactions between game designers and users, and also between 2 users (and receives a transaction fee of between 3 and 5 percent). The financial balance amount will be stored in the UG banking table (one record for each user-game combination). I will also store all financial transactions for the past 30 days on my server. Only game designers and gamers who are members can play/create games involving financial transactions. Clixmaker relies on the honesty of game designers to not overcharge their users or generate fraudulent transactions, as well as the honesty of gamers to not falsely complain about fraudulent transactions. In case of a dispute, the parties involved can post to the Financial Dispute forum. If a given game designer or gamer is involved in too many posts to this forum, they can be banned from Clixmaker. Clixmaker reserves the right to reverse financial transactions it deems to be fraudulent.
Tomorrow I go to my volunteer job, and on the way home I must buy jeans at Zellers if they're still on sale (a week ago my brother told me Levis were on sale for $22). On Wednesday morning I will fast, and go to CAMH to get blood work done. Later I might meet with the Intake Worker at Progress Place. On the way home I will take the bus to Keele + St. Clair (and later walk home), as I need to buy an electric kettle, a month-at-a-glance refill for my date book, and a pair of blue jeans in case I don't buy them at Zellers.
I look forward to writing those design specs. Yesterday I wrote a 2-page point-form summary of my Clixmaker project (and posted it on this blog). Now I will attempt to have a bowel movement and then call the Intake Worker at Progress Place (I sent them an email last Friday). Tally ho, Clixmaker!
Monday, February 14, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment