Sunday, February 27, 2011

Starting to write code

Today I intend to modify the tic tac toe demo I downloaded from Google, by using Canvas to display the board instead of HTML. Yesterday I found a tutorial which will introduce me to using Canvas and HTML5. The next step (after modifying the tic tac toe demo) is to modify the Halma game (a board game played on a 9 x 9 board with 9 circular pieces) included in that tutorial. I will turn it into a solitaire Scrabble game, and then I can make the Scrabble game multi-player by incorporating into it the multi-player aspects of the tic tac toe demo.

I have had little or no depression since last Monday. On Wednesday after work I went shopping and bought a month-in-view refill for my date book, a 5-dollar calculator, a pair of blue jeans, and an electric kettle. More recently I got my income tax info all ready for Susan (my brother's partner), who does my taxes every year.

I am having second thoughts about inventing a new scripting language (Clixtalk) for my Clixmaker project. It would be more popular if I use Python as my scripting language, but then I would have to deal with a third-party tool such as Pyjamas, which is a Python-to-JavaScript converter. After my Clixmaker project is a little further along, I intend to post a message to the PyGTA mailing list, asking if anyone is interested in contributing to my Clixmaker project. PyGTA is a local user group for Python enthusiasts, and they meet monthly at the Linux Caffe (one block south of Christie subway station). I went there a long time ago to attend a meeting of XO Laptop developers. A guy named Myles Braithwaite was at that meeting, and he is also active in PyGTA. He's a lot younger than me: according to his web site he is in his twenties.

So I guess I should stop procrastinating and start coding soon. I will probably have spaghetti for dinner. I'm out of cookies and practically out of orange juice, so I need to buy groceries soon. Maybe in an hour's time I will have a 2nd cup of coffee. So all in all it hasn't been a bad week, and I expect that to continue. Tomorrow I must wash my hair, and the day after I must trim my beard. Attention all solid human waste fans: prior to writing this sentence I had a bowel movement. Time to lie on the couch, but first I must save all the source code files of my tic tac toe demo in a separate folder before modifying them to use Canvas instead of HTML to display the board (I just did that). Chill out, Mike. Say goodbye to the nice blog readers, Mikey. Bye-bye. See you next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment