Friday, May 6, 2011

The Future is Bright

So far I've been to Progress Place 3 times. I enjoy going there and I'm going to continue that every Thursday from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. I'm also going to continue working at Fred Victor every Tuesday from 1:30 to 4:30. Progress Place is easier than Fred Victor; I find my Fred Victor job somewhat draining. This past week I've been depressed 3 times: Saturday afternoon, and Tuesday and Thursday evenings.

I'm going to live off my investment income and the money in my savings account until I finish Clixmaker. I calculate that it will take me over 6 years to exhaust my savings account. I also have the income from my APROM job, which is less than it used to be, as lately I haven't had any work to do other than my core duties of doing the software releases.

I must get into the habit of working on Clixmaker: my current task is developing the test Scrabble game. I will work on that this afternoon or on Sunday. I also have to go for a brisk 30-minute walk 3 times a week (for starters). Next week, if Arvin (my boss) has returned from China, I might meet with him face-to-face (I have to pick up my pay cheque). I want to know if he plans to give me any additional work to do in the future, other than doing the software releases.

I'm going to lie on the couch, and in a little while I will have a 3rd cup of coffee. It's good to be relatively secure financially. Eventually I will have to find some source of income other than APROM, assuming that from now on my only duties will be doing the software releases. But that's at least 3 years down the road.

In 11 days I plan to attend the monthly meeting of PyGTA, a local user group of Python programmers (Clixmaker will mostly be implemented in Python). Maybe next week I will visit my brother (I think by now his partner has finished doing my tax return). If my brother gets Bravo on his cable TV (I don't get Bravo), I can go over there on Wednesday evening and watch a documentary produced by my sister's friend, about a theatre troupe called the Caravan. They travel around on a barge; the play takes place on the barge and the audience is on the shore. I'm glad I have Clixmaker development in my future. If I don't work hard on it I will get depressed. Idle hands are the devil's tools. So I guess I will post this and relax on the couch. Clixmaker can wait, at least for a little while. Long live the caffeine molecule. Bye-bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment