Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Ubuntu sound; TileGamer shell

Last Sunday I spent several hours getting my sound to work in Ubuntu. Now I can play videos in my web browser and hear sound. Just like you Mac/Windows users. Yesterday and early this morning I got lots of programming done on my TileGamer shell, which will ultimately become the Tilegamer Integrated Development Environment (TIDE). TileGamer game designers use the TIDE to create multiplayer games. I love programming in Python. I woke up around 2:30 this morning and listened to some tunes on the radio for a while, and then I got up, showered, and started programming -- Janis Joplin (Piece of my heart) rolling around in my head most of the day. I'm at work now and I'm waiting for a file to upload to our web site. So far today I've worked over 2 hours on APROM work. Arvin is on vacation and he returns tomorrow evening. This morning I cleaned out my fridge (all the leftovers from my sister's visit into the trash), and then Maria the cleaning lady came. This evening I'm going to do some Python programming and tomorrow I go to Sound Times.

I'm taking a vacation in the last 2 weeks of August, visiting my sister in Victoria. She moved there last year and I've never seen her new place. She used to live in the Okanagan Valley in BC. I'm going to take my laptop with me on my vacation, and work on studying how Project Darkstar (PDS) works. I'm going to base my TileGamer game server on PDS, which is a Java game server. I'm also going to download a sample PDS game called Hack, to help me learn how PDS works.

Today at work I unsuccessfully tried twice to upload a file to our web site, taking about half an hour each time. I'm going home early today. Usually I leave after 7 p.m. as the Gardiner Expressway is often slow going at rush hour. I recently discovered a new route that I can take at rush hour going home and it's not very busy, not going on Dixie Road or on any expressways. Maria gave me a frozen lasagna dinner and a small container of peach yogurt. I'm having the lasagna for dinner (I skipped lunch). Next week I must put air in my tires, and soon I must get an oil change. I'm probably going to sell my car in the fall. I must economize, working part-time in my 2 jobs, as opposed to working full-time, which wouldn't leave me any time for TileGamer development. I'm going home about an hour from now. Can't wait to get back to the Python Programming salt mines. Onward, TileGamer!

No comments:

Post a Comment