I have been less depressed lately. In fact, I have had only 1.5 days of depression in the entire month of June. Also, for the past 5 weekends in a row (including this one) I have not had any depression. On Sundays and Tuesdays I work on TileGamer. On Saturdays, after breakfast I have coffee and spend much of the day reading the Globe and Mail. Then I have something to eat, have another coffee, and write a blog post. At 6 p.m. I watch the CTV News. At 7 p.m. I used to often watch W-Five, but lately I've been watching The Nature of Things. If I could experience only 1.5 days of depression per month for the foreseeable future, that would be excellent. I used to get depressed once or twice a week, much of the time.
My sister recommended that I go to the Headbones gallery in the east end to see a show by Charles Bronson, a prison inmate who makes drawings and has a romance with a woman in another prison who he never meets. But I didn't go. This afternoon I had my favourite kind of frozen dinner, Swanson meatloaf, mashed potatoes, green beans, and brownie: $3.19. It tastes almost as good as the meals my mother used to make. Plus it's frozen food, so you can't go back for seconds, thereby avoiding overeating. Tomorrow I see my psychiatrist, and I must buy 4 cases of bottled water and 36 cans of Diet Caffeine-Free Coke. At work it's my job to keep the fridge stocked with pop. I would prefer diet pop with caffeine but my boss drinks the decaf kind, so I follow suit. I also drink 2 to 4 mugs of instant coffee per day at work (but lately I hardly ever drink more than 3 per day).
This coming work week I must modify the SRS setup script to automatically install the USB driver when our customers install the SRS software. I will give them a prompt: "Do you wish to install the USB driver? Please click on Yes unless you are sure it's already installed, or wish to install it manually." That's about a 2-hour job. Then I must write a tutorial for the Customer Information System (CIS). CIS development is almost finished. I have been supervising the work of one of the Chinese Programmers (a web programmer), who has been doing the actual CIS programming. Our Chinese office is in Southern China, I think it's in Shenzhen (my boss is visiting that office as I write this). Then I must finish writing the report descriptions for SMS (our largest software package), and inserting those descriptions into panels. Each report must be modified to include a panel to the left of the report settings dialog box. There are 12 more report descriptions to write, out of a total of about 55 reports.
On July 21 I have lunch with Milica and Steve Bates (former co-workers, who now both work for financial organizations, Sun Life and Bank of Montreal, respectively). In August I visit my sister in Victoria for about 11 days. She visited me in May, and might visit me again this fall. I might work on TileGamer this evening. I have to do a fair bit of testing, as I implemented new features recently (loading/saving lists of source code files), and that code needs to be tested. Undoubtedly there will be more bugs uncovered that need fixing. I might quit my job at Sound Times (Thursday afternoons), but probably not right away. If TileGamer development continues going well, I will be more likely to leave Sound Times. I think I'll have a 3rd cup of coffee and relax on the couch. Happy Canada Day (which is on a Wednesday, so no long weekend for the likes of you, dear reader).
Saturday, June 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment