Tuesday, September 15, 2009

My Car is OK

I've been more depressed than usual lately, partly because I was worried about my car. The front shocks are weak and I worried that it would cost hundreds of dollars to fix them, and that I might have to donate my car to a charity (or sell it) and stop driving. Today I took my car in for an oil change. The mechanic usually finds something wrong with my car at those times, but this time it only cost about $100 for the oil change, tire rotation, and wheel balancing. He said I should get a minor tune-up before the winter, so at that time I will ask him what it will cost to fix the front shocks. No need to stop driving. My mechanic is not so bad (he was recommended to me by my brother).

I might work on Computaverse today. The next step is to design the 2D wiring diagram (wires and logic gates) of the meta-computer. In The Beginning there were billions of random wiring diagrams, at least one of which happened to be a diagram of a working computer, which became the meta-computer. When that's done I must update my web site. Last Sunday (2 days ago) I went over to my brother's place for beer, pizza, and birthday cake. My brother's birthday was on the 10th, and my nephew's birthday was the 14th. I bought them both birthday cards, and wrote a cheque for my nephew, who turned 17 yesterday. I'm going to invite my brother's family over for dinner this fall. I must call my brother soon, as I forgot to deliver the letter/sketch my sister made for his partner. My sister might make earrings for my brother's partner in the shape of a leaf or a feather (my brother's partner takes care of plants in office buildings for a living).

I think I'll have lunch one hour from now, followed by a 3rd cup of coffee. I never drink more than 4 cups of coffee per day (usually only 2 or 3). Sometimes when I'm not depressed I feel relatively euphoric (bordering on hypomanic), and sleep very little, if at all. At those times I may go to work early and stay late, and have more than 4 cups of coffee, but the 5th and any subsequent cups are always decaf. That might happen to me tomorrow, as I was depressed yesterday and the depression lifted today as I drove home from getting my car fixed. And now the time has come to rest on the couch, after I post this. Thank God It's Tuesday (when I don't have to go to Mississauga, or go downtown to Sound Times).

No comments:

Post a Comment