Monday, September 7, 2009

Summer's Over

Today is Labour Day, the unofficial end of summer. I had a great vacation in the last 2 weeks of August, visiting my sister in Victoria. Although I miss her old place, the Griz, a lot. That place (in the Okanagan Valley) had a beautiful mountain view, with 2 places to hang out: my sister's studio and the communal house they shared with Molly, the other owner of the property. The communal house was like Grand Central Station, with theatre people coming and going. One thing I don't miss about the Griz was the phenomenon of mountains of dirty dishes, pots, and pans produced by frequent massive dinners (although I enjoyed those dinners).

Last week I was depressed a lot, and called in depressed twice (although I didn't call in depressed for my Sound Times job on Thursday). The depression lifted on Saturday afternoon, after I finished reading the Globe and Mail. Alex, my nephew, has his 17th birthday coming up, a week from now. I might ask Dave (my brother, his father) if we can share the cost of buying him a netbook. I've been sneezing a lot; I might be having a bad allergy day.

My Computaverse web site is finished, more or less. I intend to approach Nick Bostrom, a philosophy professor at Oxford University, and tell him about my Computaverse theory. He wrote a paper called "Are you living in a computer simulation?". I will email him as early as next weekend. Ralph, my ex-brother-in-law, suggested that I have a real philosopher read it (my web site).

Apart from last week, I've had very little depression in the past 3 months (since the end of May). I must make an appt. with my GP for a physical, and I see my psychiatrist on Sept. 21. I really must get an oil change this month, it's been almost a year since my last one, and I will find out how much it will cost to fix my front shocks, which are weak. I might give up my car and commute by public transportation. I think I will leave my car at home this week and try out taking the bus/subway to work. Also I might ask my brother if I can give my car to Alex if his grades improve. Now I'm going to post this, email Ralph and my sister that I've posted to my blog,
mosey on over to Computaverse.com and admire my handiwork. Life's good when you have your health, more or less, allergy or no allergy.

No comments:

Post a Comment