Thursday, June 3, 2010

Conquering Depression

At the end of this month I will find out whether or not I will have conquered depression. On Saturday I will only read the first section of the Globe and Mail. My goal is to avoid depression that day. If I feel depressed after reading the Globe, I will have a nap. I will read the rest of the paper on Monday or Tuesday evening. This afternoon I'm going to work on my Pygridz project. I made a to-do list the other day which contains 30 items, and I've already ticked off 4 of those items.

I propose the following Pygridz business model. There are 3 membership types: gold, silver, and bronze. Bronze is free, silver is $10/year, and gold is $18/year or $10 for 6 months. The incentive to become a paying member is based on a certain linking database on the game server. This database has 3 fields per record: User ID, Game ID, and an XML structure which contains configuration data and historical data such as high scores, and is different for each game. Gold members have an unlimited no. of records in this linking database. Silver members are limited to 3 records (the 3 most recent unique games they have played). Bronze members are limited to only one record, and their user name is the only part of their user profile available to other members. I will also make money from selling advertising.

My morale is much improved lately. I'm almost finished my APROM project, so I won't have to continue working for free (I told Arvin I would work for free, as my project was taking too long and I didn't want him to cancel it). I like my volunteer job at Fred Victor. I have no desire to look for a girlfriend. Pygridz development is going well. My plan to avoid Saturday depression goes into effect this weekend (reading only the first section of the Globe). My new Pygridz business model means I can eventually cut down my APROM hours to one day per week or less (not doing Delphi programming anymore), assuming Pygridz makes a profit of at least $800/month. So the Summer of 2010 is promising to be the best one yet. My investment advisor just replied to my email, so I will publish this now and reply to her reply. I'm going to meet with her in July, and visit my sister in October. Happy gaming, all you future Pygridz users out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment