Last week I was severely depressed but this week I'm OK. (I was just as depressed, if not more so, as the night my sister and I spent at Dorothy Henault's place in Montreal 2 years ago, after my Aunt Muriel's memorial.) Helen Posno dumped me last week, and my supervisor (William Hines) at Fred Victor rejected my LearnClix proposal, but he left the door open for me to modify my proposal, and I did so. This week he said my later proposal was "great" (I modified it so Fred Victor doesn't have to hire and pay 2 LearnClix employees), and that he would meet with his supervisor and their computer guy, so I sent him one final version of my proposal yesterday. He/they might have a meeting with me to discuss my proposal. The new name of LearnClix is (I'm not at liberty to divulge that information, as I have yet to register the domain name). LearnClix is a web site that links tutors with students, and I hope Fred Victor will back me up with my plan to implement LearnClix.
Two other good things happened this week: my sister emailed me, after a long period of no emails from her, and on Tuesday I fixed my brother's computer. His computer wouldn't boot up into Windows, so I went over there on Sunday and spoke with Dell Tech Support. They suggested that I purchase a one year service contract for $239 (the computer was no longer under warranty), and assured me there was a 100 percent guarantee that my problem would be resolved, and I did so. They shipped me the Windows CD and 4 other CDs, and on Tuesday I spent 4.5 hours, mostly on the phone with tech support or on hold. They walked me through the process of running chkdsk (then I backed up my sister-in-law's emails and documents), wiping the hard drive clean, and restoring the computer to its original factory settings. Then I restored the files I backed up on my USB drive, and set up her email. One minor snafu occurred when she wrote on a piece of paper that her email password was JANxxx (where xxx is private and confidential), and I dutifully typed it in as written (it didn't occur to me that it was all in lower case, causing her to make a 2nd call to Rogers Internet).
Today I must get a haircut and email to my sister my travel plans to visit her in October, for 11 days. I might have 2 toasted waffles for lunch. Now I just have to wait for William's response. I will have a 2nd cup of coffee in a little while. Next week I see my psychiatrist (my previous appt. was about 3 months ago). I feel the need for more caffeine. This weekend I will probably help my brother work on his roof (he's putting on a new roof). Hopefully my sister-in-law will do my taxes soon, so I can send my proof of income to the Trillium Drug Program (if I had to pay for my meds myself, it would cost over $400 per month). The deadline for sending in my prescription receipts is Oct. 31. I will bug her next time I see her, or will just email her. It's coffee time, so adios to all you folks out there in cyberspace.
Thursday, August 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment