Thursday, November 25, 2010

Clixmaker is being implemented

Yesterday I worked about 24 hours straight on implementing the Clixmaker level editor. I now have a working color picker (197 colors available) and a grid. The user clicks on a grid cell to set its color to the current color. I hope to overcome depression, just as I did last June, by keeping busy with Clixmaker implementation in the weeks and months ahead. Today I felt a little burnout, and was tempted to go back to bed. Instead I made a 2nd cup of coffee and wrote this post.

Maria the cleaning lady is coming tomorrow, and I will go to work. On Saturday I have to try to get Mark Brown's computer to work with his wireless Internet gadget. Since it's only Windows 98, I probably won't be able to get it to work. I might have to upgrade his computer to Windows XP, which might make it run too slowly. Next Sunday I'm inviting my brother's family over for dinner. Soon I must order 2 books from Chapters, as Christmas gifts for my brother and his son.

This evening I might work on Clixmaker. The next step is to enable the user to edit a grid within a grid. Right now when you press the space bar, the grid cell underneath the mouse cursor expands to a white square, 4 cells x 4 cells. I must display a grid inside that square, and enable the user to change the cell colors of the tiny cells within that square. I must also let the user magnify it to 8 x 8 or 16 x 16 cells. On the main grid, each cell is 24 x 24 pixels. So if the user expands a grid cell to size 16 x 16, a 24 x 24 grid will be displayed inside the white square (which is magnified to 16 x 16 normal cells in size). The user presses the space bar to toggle display of the grid within a grid, and the +/- keys to zoom in and out.

Yesterday was the annual general meeting of my condo building. Afterwards I introduced myself to a neighbour named Val, who was opening the door to enter her condo shortly after I exited from the elevator. She introduced herself to me a few days ago in the hall, and told me about banging noises she heard in the middle of the night, which I didn't hear. She is middle-aged with short gray hair. So after almost 6 years in this building I've finally met one of my neighbours. Today my cordless mouse died and I couldn't remove one of its 2 batteries, so I replaced it with a non-cordless mouse which I like better than the old mouse. It's almost dinnertime, so I will sign off now. It feels good to have a mission in life: the implementation of Clixmaker. Keep on clixing away with your mouses and keyboards, enjoy your information processing activities, and that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment