Saturday, November 13, 2010

Clixmaker web site

What follows is a 3-paragraph excerpt from an email I just sent to my boss, my sister, and my sister's ex, followed by a goal I have set for myself today:

I have a created a web site, located at http://www.clixmaker.com/. All Clixmaker documentation can be found there. I hope to start coding this weekend. If I succeed in writing some code (starting with the level editor), I will announce my success in another email on Sunday.

Working on Clixmaker is therapeutic for me. I've had hardly any depression this past week, as I have been working on Clixmaker design specs and the web site. If I succeed in overcoming the hurdle of actually starting to implement Clixmaker, I hope to achieve the same level of stability as I experienced for the entire month of June, when I was coding Pygridz (the predecessor of Clixmaker).

After I produce some working software (the level editor prototype), I hope to recruit other programmers to help me implement Clixmaker. (I will put up a help wanted notice on SourceForge.) I will be the lead developer, and I hope to acquire leadership skills by supervising the other programmers. It's exciting, starting a new project (especially a very ambitious project like Clixmaker).

What follows is not part of the email I just sent. I have a modest goal that I intend to achieve today: to write a Python program that displays a menu bar and a button with the caption "Edit Level". Clicking on that button displays a modeless window (generated by Pygame) that contains a grid. Clicking on the grid highlights the grid cell clicked on. Clicking on the close button of the grid will close that modeless window.

No comments:

Post a Comment