I was depressed for most of last week, except Wednesday when I went to work. Today I woke up non-depressed, showered, bought groceries, and later visited my brother Dave. He made salmon steaks and we had dinner with his partner Susan and son Alex. I invited them over for dinner 2 weeks from now, on a Sunday. Tonight I couldn't sleep so I turned on the radio. I now have "Black Magic Woman" by Santana rolling around between my ears. Prior to going to bed I made some minor changes to my Clixmaker web site, and after I gave up on sleeping I got up and entered those changes into the computer. The Internet didn't work yesterday, but after I got up about an hour ago I turned my modem off and then on again and eventually the Internet started working.
The main problem I now face, apart from Christmas shopping, is working more hours. I need to work at least 10 hours a week to cover my expenses. Soon I'm going to have to ask my boss to give me more work to do. When I'm depressed everything is doom and gloom. Sometimes I neglect to remind myself that they're just negative thoughts, and not rooted in reality.
This afternoon I have a dental appt., tomorrow I go to my volunteer job at Fred Victor, and the annual general meeting of my condo building is tomorrow evening. This morning I hope to start implementing Clixmaker. I aim to make a main window with a menu bar and a button that toggles between "Show Level" and "Hide Level". When the button says "Hide Level", a secondary window is displayed that consists of a grid. When the user clicks on a grid cell, it is highlighted and the previously selected cell is no longer highlighted. After I perform the above task, I will modify this post to let you know my success (or failure). I might email Norma Brown soon. I'm supposed to start tutoring her son Mark on using the Internet. I will charge him $15/hour, which is what I used to charge Norma for helping her with computer problems.
Constance just phoned: C:"Mike!", M:"Hi", C:"Nothing?", M:"No", C:"10th of December/9th of December; good night", M:"Good night". On December 10th I'm supposed to give her $50, and she's going to remind me on the 9th of December. She is homeless, has schizophrenia, uses crack, and usually stays in a shelter for women who got kicked out of other shelters.
I guess I should get busy coding soon. Right after I email Norma Brown; first I must check my email and determine whether I need to email her. I might go Christmas shopping on Thursday; I've already picked out a gift for my nephew Alex, but I haven't actually started my Christmas shopping yet. So let me publish this puppy and start grinding out a wee bit of Python code (I've got about 4 hours to kill before it's time to eat breakfast). Later.
[Insert Clixmaker success/failure here]: Success! I have working code that displays the main screen with a menu bar, and a separate randomly colored window which will eventually be my level grid. Only one of those 2 windows is displayed at any given moment. The implementation of Clixmaker is finally underway, at long last.
Monday, November 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment