Sunday, December 12, 2010

Clixmaker Development Steps

I intend to make Clixmaker a closed source project. The development of the Level Editor in Python is going well. After the development of the static version (no animation) of the level editor is complete, I intend to seek assistance from the Chinese Programmers (who work for APROM) to help me recruit 3 Chinese Clixmaker team members. I need a Python programmer, a JavaScript programmer, and a web developer. Here are the Clixmaker Development Steps:

Phase 1
  1. Level Editor (static)
  2. Level Editor (animated)
Phase 2

JavaScript:
  1. Game Engine (single-player)
  2. Game Engine (multiplayer)
Python (Mike):
  1. Clixtalk interpreter
  2. Clixtalk-to-JavaScript converter
Python (Chinese):
  1. Level Editor (free-form, static)
  2. Level Editor (free-form, animated)
Phase 3

JavaScript:

  1. Clixtalk interpreter
  2. Game Engine (free-form)
Python:

  1. Clixtalk Editor
  2. Game Wizards
Other:
  1. Web Site
  2. Clixmaker-to-Facebook converter
Phase 4: Clixmaker in 3D

Clixtalk is a simplified dynamically-typed object-oriented scripting language of my own invention. The free-form level editor and game engine allows game objects to move about freely within a given tile, instead of being restricted to grid lines and grid intersections.

After the development of the static version (no animation) of the level editor is complete, I intend to ask Arvin, my boss, to give it a test drive. Then Arvin can decide whether or not APROM will support my Clixmaker project. If APROM does decide to support my project, APROM will own 80 percent of Clixmaker.com and I will own 20 percent. Instead of a share of the profits, my 3 Chinese team members and myself will each receive royalties of 5 percent of gross income, totalling 20 percent of gross income. Depending on how valuable are the contributions of each team member, a given team member may receive more or less than 5 percent. No single team member can receive more than 10 percent. After Clixmaker.com goes live (if APROM is supporting my project), APROM will be responsible for covering the operating expenses of Clixmaker.com. All 4 team members receive no salary, just a share of gross income.

I will continue to be responsible for doing APROM software releases, maintaining setup scripts, and writing manuals. In case there's not enough work for me (less than 2 days a week), I will work on an on-call basis and only come in to the office when needed. Today I'm going to implement the Pencil tool, which paints tiles in the current color when clicked/dragged on the Level Grid. Yesterday evening I was depressed and went to bed at 7:30, and it took me forever to fall asleep. I might have 2 frozen waffles for lunch. I guess I will launch my Python editor now, as I must get some coding done this afternoon. Go, Clixmaker, go!

No comments:

Post a Comment