Monday, December 6, 2010

Schizophrenia: Not a Published Essay

I decided not to submit to the Globe and Mail the essay I wrote in my previous post. I don't want people in the Clixmaker community to find out that I have schizophrenia. This past weekend I worked on Clixmaker. I wrote the design specs (list of available commands) for the Level Editor, and incorporated those specs into my web site. Then I drew icons for each command (first in pencil, and then using my Delphi image editor). Today I modified the level editor to display the main toolbox (12 icons) on the left-hand side of the screen. The next steps are to display the secondary toolboxes when the corresponding icon in the main toolbox is clicked on. I also have to highlight the currently selected icon. Also, the 2 "checkbox" icons, which can be either on or off, must be highlighted when in the on state. One more feature to add is displaying (at the bottom of the screen) the command name of the icon currently beneath the mouse cursor whenever the user moves the mouse cursor over a command icon.

After I finish implementing a working level editor, I will submit it to Arvin, along with some kind of business plan which will be posted on my web site. If Arvin decides to support Clixmaker, APROM will own 100 percent of Clixmaker.com and I will be paid royalties of 10 percent of the gross income of Clixmaker.com. Another task I must undertake after I have some working software is to advertise for help wanted (Python and JavaScript programmers) in the Help Wanted forum at SourceForge.net. I intend to divide up the work of implementing Clixmaker amongst a small team of programmers (including myself).

This evening I must buy groceries (I'm out of cookies and almost out of milk). My brother couldn't come over for dinner yesterday; they might come over 2 weeks from now (for once I'm not giving my brother a gift card for Christmas). I will have an early dinner and then have a 2nd cup of coffee and watch the CBC News at 5 p.m. On Thursday I have to drop by the women's shelter and give my friend Constance fifty dollars. My sister might visit me in January; she's currently busy working on a play, and will be finished that job in the middle of this month. It's time to heat up dinner (Lean Cuisine tonight), so I will wrap up this blog post. I hope to get lots of work done on Clixmaker this Thursday and also on the weekend. Happy Holidays (there's finally some snow on the ground), and that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment