Thursday, December 9, 2010

Clixmaker/APROM: The Future

I'm taking a break from Clixmaker development to blog about the future of Clixmaker. After the Level Editor is working (except for various not very important commands like "Draw Ellipse"), I will approach Arvin (my boss at APROM) and ask him if APROM will support my Clixmaker project. APROM would own 80 percent of Clixmaker.com and I would own 20 percent, but instead of sharing the profits I would be paid royalties of 10 percent of Clixmaker's gross income. I would give Arvin the option of making Clixmaker closed source. I would perform my APROM duties on an on-call basis, so I would only come in to the office when needed to do a software release. After Clixmaker.com goes live, APROM would be responsible for Clixmaker operating expenses such as web hosting fees. Before it goes live, I would be responsible for the operating expenses and providing my own development tools. All work I do on Clixmaker would be on my own time, my only compensation being royalty payments and owning 20 percent of the company.

After I finish the tile-based, grid-oriented version of Clixmaker (the most basic game development framework), I will create a more advanced game development framework that enables game objects to occupy any position within a tile, not just along grid lines. This 2nd-level framework restricts the direction of game objects to horizontal and vertical vectors (no diagonal movement allowed). The 3rd-level game development framework will allow game objects to move in any direction (within a 2-dimensional plane). The 4th-level game development framework will be fully 3D. All 4 levels enable game designers to use a Facebook utility app that converts Clixmaker games into Facebook games (so those converted games will be fully integrated with Facebook). I'm hoping that Facebook (or some other big company like Google) will buy Clixmaker.com and pay APROM and myself millions of dollars.

So far today I performed the relatively simple task of moving the code associated with the Clixmaker color picker (enabling the user to select from 197 available colors) into its own Python source file. My next task is to display lower-level tool boxes when the user clicks on tools in the main tool box which have an associated lower-level tool box. Another task is to paint tools in any tool box in a color scheme other than black on white, when I need to highlight those tools in some way. All color schemes will use only black, white, and light gray.

This morning I walked to the shelter (about a 15-minute walk) and gave my friend Constance her monthly 50 dollars. Then I went to the bank machine and bought orange juice at Price Chopper. Yesterday I started working on APROM's wikipedia page. I submitted the first version of that wiki to Wikipedia several weeks ago but it was not accepted, due to the fact that it was deemed to be composed of blatantly marketing-oriented content. The new version will not go into mind-numbing detail about all of our various products, and will be a lot shorter, so I'm hoping they'll accept it this time. Hopefully I'll finish the wiki article tomorrow (I generally go in to the office on Wednesdays and Fridays). The weather has been cold lately and there's a bit of snow on the ground.

I've got most of my Christmas shopping done. Soon I'll have a 2nd cup of coffee and then get back to work on Clixmaker coding. Today I want to at least finish display of lower-level tool boxes. I'll get more Clixmaker work done on the weekend. Tomorrow I must buy bus tickets, plus I need to deposit my income tax refund and Trillium (Ontario drug program) refund cheques (over a thousand dollars). Onward, Clixmaker!

Coffee Time is not just anytime, it's right now (I learned from the Coffee Time and First Choice Haircutters wiki pages that company wikis are supposed to use something called an Infobox template, which displays various pieces of information about a company, including a logo, in a separate box at the top of a wiki page). Soon the level of caffeine concentration in my blood will spike. Long live the caffeine molecule. At least I'm eating a lot less junk food, but my diet is still sorely lacking in fruits and vegetables. I must get into the habit of flossing my teeth, at least twice a week for starters. Put the kettle on to boil, Mike. Coffee, source code, more coffee, dinner, CBC News, more source code, etc. That's what's goin' down in this neck of the woods. Til we meet again, dear blog reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment