I propose to make Clixmaker an open source project, meaning Clixmaker is free, including the source code, and other programmers can participate in its development. The downside of open source is that programmers can create their own version of Clixmaker, as long as that version is also open source and acknowledges its Clixmaker origins.
APROM would not be involved. Clixmaker would make money from selling subscription fees and advertising. Avid gamers buy annual subscription fees for the privilege of having unlimited user-game configuration records on the server. Those who play for free are limited to just one of those records, so every time they switch to a new game that makes use of user configuration records, they have to start from scratch.
Ownership (and revenue) of Clixmaker is distributed to the game designers, in proportion to how much bandwidth is used by the games of each game designer. I personally would own 10 percent of Clixmaker. Bandwidth can be defined by amount of network traffic, or by tallying user clicks/keystrokes and other game events.
Let's assume there are 5000 customers (gamers who purchase annual subscriptions). At $24/year per customer, the gross annual income would be $120,000. Assume that income from advertising balances the cost of renting/purchasing game servers. Then the net income is also $120,000. I would receive 10 percent of that, or $1000 per month.
A Facebook app will be developed that converts any Clixmaker game into a native Facebook game, which is played inside of Facebook. Today I'm going to continue designing the sample Clixmaker game, and then begin implementing the game editor. I have already implemented the image-editing code for the previous game editor, and all of that code can be reused for the current game editor. So I am making progress, albeit rather slowly.
After the 2D version of the game editor is working, I hope to recruit programmers to develop the isometric version, the tile-based version, and the board game version (all in Python, but the game engines of each version must be in both Python and JavaScript). Eventually a 3D version will be developed. I must clean up the web site before doing any recruitment of programmers.
Thursday, December 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment