I have had little or no depression in 2 weeks. Sometimes it takes me a long time to fall asleep but I've had no sleepless nights in over 2 weeks. Yesterday evening I started feeling depressed, but instead of going to bed early I read my ebook. Also yesterday my cleaning lady came, and I raised her pay from $70 to $80 (she comes once every 4 or 5 weeks). After I publish this post I must buy groceries.
Today I plan to begin implementing automatic score calculation for my test Scrabble game. After I implement score calculation, the next and final step is to make the game multi-player (which is the hardest part). I intend to write much of the Clixmaker game engine in Clixtalk (my built-in scripting language). This will enable game designers to modify the game engine, to allow for different user interfaces. The part of the game engine which is written in JavaScript handles low-level graphics calls (such as rendering bitmaps and text, and drawing lines/rectangles) and playing sound files.
My anti-depression strategy can be summarized by WM-CENTS: Walk (try to go for a 30-minute walk every day), Meds (my antidepressant dose was increased by 50 percent), Clixmaker (work on my games program a lot), E-book (read books on my ebook), News (watch TV news on my computer), TV (don't watch my TV anymore), Saturday (on Saturdays only read the first section of the Globe and Mail, and read the rest later).
It's time to write a grocery list. I need to head out soon as the weather forecast this afternoon includes a 60 percent probability of rain. I'm hungry as I haven't had breakfast yet (there was only enough milk for coffee, and none for my Bran Flakes). I will have a colonoscopy towards the end of next month, and I hope I don't have colon cancer (I had blood in my stool twice in the past little while). Last week I went to Fred Victor, but skipped Progress Place. I mustn't quit Fred Victor, but I might stop going to Progress Place. I need a place to go to get out of the house and be with people. So I will publish this now, and get ready to head out. One more blog post, in the bag. Bye-bye.
Sunday, May 22, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment