I continue to experience freedom from depression. Yesterday I applied for 3 jobs and the day before I applied for one job. All but one of those jobs were Web Developer positions. I got 3 replies. The first reply was a phone call I received yesterday morning. I suck at phone interviews. He asked me if I wanted the job badly, and I answered honestly by saying I needed the money. He then terminated the conversation. I then sent him an email saying I only wanted the job if there was a good chance I would be hired permanently (it's only a 2-month summer job), and he declined, so I didn't get that job. The 2nd reply was addressed to "Dear Candidate", and included a link to a completely unrelated web site. I replied that the link didn't work, so it's unlikely I'll get that job. The 3rd reply was for an unpaid job (instead of getting paid I would receive a share of the project's income, assuming it succeeds in the marketplace). I haven't replied to his reply yet. His project is similar to Twitter.
I just downloaded my 2nd ebook: The Blind Assassin by Margaret Atwood. It's my sister's favourite book by Margaret Atwood and it won a Booker prize. Tomorrow I must go to 1001 Queen St. to deliver my 3 stool samples and produce a urine sample. I might go to Progress Place on Thursday. Today I went to my Fred Victor job. That job is tolerable, and it gets me out of the house. I'm hoping that working on that unpaid job, the Twitter-like project, will fill my days. He hasn't actually hired me yet, I have to let him know which part of the project I want to work on, and how I feel that I could help out his project. Maybe tomorrow I will work on my Scrabble game. It's working, but only in single-player mode. Soon I must go to the walk-in clinic to get my ears syringed out, as I have trouble hearing. I was slightly depressed yesterday evening but I didn't go back to bed, in fact I stayed up till about 9:30. I'm going to eat 3 or 4 Viva Puffs after I publish this post. Gotta go, my sugar snack awaits me. Good night, all.
Tuesday, May 31, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment