Two days ago I joined Friends and Advocates. They provide social/recreational activities for consumer/survivors, as well as a drop-in from 9 to 5, Monday to Friday (and they're located a 5-minute walk from where I live). I'm going to attend 3 activities this month: the GMM on Wednesday (General Members' Meeting, I think), Cards & Games, and Scrabble Night. The latter 2 activities are on separate Wednesday evenings from 7 to 9. My sister said I need a hobby, so being a member of Friends and Advocates will enable me to get out of the house and interact with people, in a fun setting.
It has been 5 weeks since I last experienced significant depression. I was slightly depressed yesterday, as I was having a bad allergy day, and I went back to bed for over 2 hours (my allergy symptoms go away when I'm lying down). This morning I was also slightly depressed, but I bought groceries and now I'm not depressed. Hopefully I will work on my Scrabble game today. Due to the fact that I don't buy fresh produce, it makes it possible for me to calculate in my head the exact cost of my groceries before I get in line at the checkout. Today they charged me $1.47 for a turkey pie, but the correct price was $1.29, so I got it for free (I detected that instance of being overcharged as the total bill was 18 cents higher than the amount I calculated in my head). I will now pig out on creme sandwich cookies with fruity red stuff (Peak Freans, $1.88 for 350 g). Enjoying a 2nd cup of coffee can't be too far away.
Things to do this week: buy Klean-Prep for my colonoscopy (I might have to take the bus to Runnymede + Dundas as they don't have it at my regular drug store); fill out passport application online and print it; enter expenses into my spreadsheet; make plane reservations to visit my sister in August; create Linux recovery USB key for Elaine Landry by Tuesday. Elaine is a student at Back to Basics and sometimes I help her with computer problems. Time for milk and cookies. I might have store brand Kraft Dinner for dinner, or maybe a frozen dinner. After lunch I will lie on the couch. I believe in taking it easy much of the time. Now it's time to publish this post and eat lunch. Cookies! Bye bye, blog fans.
Sunday, June 12, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment