This morning I had a meeting at the Digital Media Zone at Ryerson University. I met with Gagan Majathia and another guy named Sean. DMZ helps young entrepreneurs by incubating their businesses. I told them about my games program, which is now called "Tile" concatenated with "happy" (all one word; I don't want search engines to link to this blog when people I don't know very well search for the name of my games program). They said they would contact me, letting me know the date/time of my Idea Consultation (it will probably be 2 weeks from now), when I will give a 10-minute TH-related pitch to their panel of industry experts (in this blog I will refer to my games program as TH).
Assuming the Idea Consultation people don't shoot down my TH idea, I intend to work on implementing it on a full-time basis. I expect it will take about a year. When it's ready for beta testing I will require all game designers to display Google AdSense ads next to the main game window. They get paid by Google whenever someone clicks on an ad, and I will receive a portion of that money. If necessary I will approach Google and ask them to send me a copy of the payment info every time a game designer is paid by Google. I will reimburse Google for performing that service.
After beta testing is complete, and assuming the Idea Consultation people think what follows is a good idea, I will begin charging subscription fees to my users, who will then become members. Non-members can still participate, but they aren't allowed to write data permanently to the Google data-store. I also intend to impose transaction fees on all member-member and member-to-game designer financial transactions. I will also (after beta testing) team up with a Ryerson business major, and apply to get into the DMZ. At that point I will need to access outside funding. I will need to implement an ultra-secure web site which records financial data/transactions.
I am resigned to the fact that my depression hasn't gone away permanently. For about 2 months in May and June I had almost no depression. For much of that time I was busy working on my Scrabble game. I hope to get back to that tomorrow. In a little over 2 weeks I will start my vacation. I will visit my sister in Victoria for 12 days, so I'm looking forward to that. I guess I will now publish this post and have a bowl of Bran Flakes. The future is bright. Now I must munch out. Over and out.
Thursday, July 21, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment