Last weekend (the long weekend 2 days ago) I was depressed for 2 days. In the past 8 weeks I've been depressed for a total of 3 days. Yesterday I had a very productive day at work (APROM); I worked a total of 8.33 hours. I got home from work about 10:35 and had generic Kraft Dinner for dinner. I was unable to sleep so I got up at 1 a.m.; after I publish this post I will make coffee. Yesterday my boss's brother Prak installed MS Office 2010 on my laptop, and set up Outlook on it so I can check my APROM email at home.
I'm drinking my coffee now. If I don't succeed in going back to bed and sleeping this morning then that will be my first sleepless night since before 8 weeks ago. It's not uncommon for me to have a sleepless night after an active day, when that day follows a period of depression. I might work on my Scrabble game this morning, and/or mail my set-top box (I canceled my Bell TV service, and Bell pays the postage) back to Bell. In the afternoon I have to go to my volunteer job at Fred Victor. This week I'm going to fill in my passport application form, which I can do online. Before I see my psychiatrist on the 25th, I have to get 2 passport photos taken (at Bloor + Dundas), as he will be my guarantor.
In my den I have a 10-foot long desk with a straight part which is almost 6 feet long and at its right end is a round part (a quarter-circle). My laptop is on the round part, at 45 degrees, facing the corner of my den. To the left of my laptop is my phone, lamp, and laser printer. To the right of my laptop is my desktop, along with its cordless mouse/keyboard (on a little table next to my desk). My desktop doesn't work very well so I only use it to watch TV on my big flat panel monitor, which is in between my laptop and my desktop. I also use my desktop as a 2nd player when I'm testing my multi-player Scrabble game.
I'm finished my coffee (I drank most of it while lying on the couch). I tried listening to the radio before I gave up on getting any sleep, and now I have Brown Eyed Girl by Van Morrisson in my head. I also heard Billy Idol (his big hit, but not White Wedding, the other one: Rebel Yell) and Hey Jude by the Beatles. Also Dust in the Wind by Kansas. I need to trim my toenails. Now that I'm finished torturing my legions of blog-followers, it's time to wrap up. Do you remember when we used to sing, sha la la La la la la La la La ti da... or however it goes. I just got an email from Frank Lin, one of the Chinese programmers (Frank's not his real name). He lacks the password to unlock the trial version of the software I uploaded yesterday, and I told him I don't have that password. Less than 2 hours to kill before I have breakfast (it has to be getting light in the eastern sky before I'm allowed to eat breakfast, when I'm doing an all-nighter). At least there's nothing wrong with my colon (had a colonoscopy a week ago). But I digress. Time to publish and rest on the couch. Take it easy, your blog-highness/blogginess.
Tuesday, July 5, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment