This is the 2nd weekend in a row that I've managed to elude depression. Now that the Python programming phase of my TileGamer project is well underway, it gives me something to do on Saturday afternoons, other than going back to bed. Last week I went to work in Mississauga 3 days without calling in depressed, and also I went to my job at Sound Times. I was mildly depressed on Thursday evening. Some time this month I must take my laptop to work and install on it all our development tools. That will enable me to work from home and only go in to the office once a week, also enabling me to get rid of my car. My goal is to stop spending more money than I earn, so I don't erode my savings. Part of my income will be in the form of taking money out of my mutual funds. I will take out less than half of the amount of interest I can expect to receive from my mutual funds in the long term, so my mutual funds will still keep growing, albeit more slowly.
By next weekend I hope to complete the foundations of my TileGamer shell, enabling the user to create and save 2 lists of files: Open and Members. All files in the Members list are Treescript source code files that belong to the current TileGamer project. The Open list is simply a list of files that are currently open. All files must be opened first before they can become Member files. A file can be in the Members list without being in the Open list, and vice versa. After I get those 2 lists working perfectly, then I can start adding new features. Eventually the TileGamer shell will become the Tilegamer Integrated Development Environment (TIDE), which is what game designers use to create multiplayer games. I continue to enjoy working with Linux-based tools on a Linux platform. For one thing, my computer boots up much faster than with Windows XP, and even the Python tools seem to work better under Linux.
Now I'm going to have a glass of no-name Diet Coke, and relax on the couch. I look forward to my vacation in August. I'm going to take my laptop when I visit my sister at that time, and work on the TileGamer game server, which will be written in Java. It is based on something called Project Darkstar, which is also written in Java. Tonight I'm going to watch the CBC news and The Nature of Things on TV. I will probably have dinner afterwards. I had an egg-salad sandwich for lunch, so I'm not that hungry right now. Oftentimes I only eat 2 meals and one snack per day. I almost always have Bran Flakes for breakfast. The odd time I might have an Egg McMuffin value meal at McDonald's. My diet coke is flat. Apart from that, everything's going according to plan. I'm going to code up a storm tomorrow, Python-wise, but for now, the couch awaits.
Saturday, June 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment