Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Working from Home (Again)

Today my boss, Arvin, approved my latest plan to work from home 3 days every 2 weeks (1.5 days/week), and go in to the office 3 days every 2 weeks. I would be working a total of 3 days a week, same as I do now. In July I will install all our development tools on my laptop, which has Windows Vista Home Basic. In case of incompatibility with that operating system, I will install our development tools on my home desktop, which has Windows XP. Starting in August or September I will leave my car at home and begin commuting to Mississauga 3 days every 2 weeks (it takes about 1.25 hours each way, or 30 minutes by car). In October or November I will sell my car (the insurance runs out on Nov. 15).

I need to get rid of my car because I can't really afford running it and maintaining it, as I'm only part-time. Also, not having a car is one less thing to worry about. I will work on TileGamer on Tuesdays and weekends, and go to my Sound Times job on Thursday afternoons. This week I might start teaching someone named James the 'C' programming language at Sound Times. If I find I need more time to work on TileGamer, I might quit my Sound Times job, but I will keep that job for the time being (it pays well). Today I must do more thorough testing/debugging of the TileGamer code I finished writing on the weekend. Tomorrow I must buy gas and put air in my tires. Friday I must go to the Headbones gallery on the way to work. My sister told me about a show there, of drawings made by a prison inmate. I need a haircut; maybe I'll get one this weekend. In July I must get an oil change.

So far this month I've only had 1.5 days of depression (last Tuesday and part of Wednesday). Also for the past 4 weekends I haven't had any depression. Hopefully I can go the entire month of June with only 1.5 days of depression (I see my psychiatrist on Monday). I still often get depressed in the morning, in between waking up and getting out of bed, but that doesn't really count as depression, as it is short-lived. The weather this week is hot, humid, and sunny. I must call the Globe and Mail to cancel my Friday home delivery (I will still get it on Saturdays). They used to have TV listings on Friday, but now you have to go online to view their TV listings. Now it's time to put on my code-testing hat, and get busy with TileGamer development. In August I have my trip to Victoria to look forward to, when I'll visit my sister. So things are coming along nicely. That's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment