Sunday, June 21, 2009

Summer's here

The weather is supposed to be hot, humid, and sunny this week. This weekend is my 4th depression-free weekend in a row. During the past 3 weeks I was only depressed this past Tuesday and part of Wednesday. On Wednesday I made a spreadsheet to keep track of my finances and the depression lifted. Having my TileGamer project to work on (mainly Python coding) goes a long way towards keeping me off my bed on Saturday afternoons.

Today I must work on coding the part of TileGamer that is invoked when the user tries to close a project (a project is made up of 2 file lists: open files and member files). For each open file, if that file has been modified, I prompt the user: "Do you want to save this file? Yes/No/Cancel". If they select Cancel, I prompt the user: "Continue closing current project? Yes/No". If they then select No, I cancel the operation of closing the current project.

Next month I'm going to have lunch with 2 people I worked with in my previous job at Fred Victor Centre in the mid-90s, Milica Pavlovic and Steve Bates. We get together for lunch once every few months. Tomorrow I might get a haircut. In my current job at Sound Times, I might teach a guy named James how to program in the 'C' programming language. I must email my supervisor and ask him to set me up with a Linux user account, so I can access something called a terminal. Using a terminal is a prerequisite of doing any kind of programming under Linux. I might go for a walk today (I hardly ever get any exercise; when I do exercise, it's a brisk 30-minute walk). My diet is very low on fruits and vegetables, and heavy on frozen food, as I don't like cooking.

Hopefully at least once this summer I'll go up to my brother's cottage, and go swimming in the lake. It's a long narrow lake (called Sunny Lake) that's about 2.5 miles long. All the cottages on that lake (in Muskoka) are on the same side of the lake, and the other side is rocky and cliff-like. I don't get as much pleasure out of getting back to nature as I did when I was younger, but I really can't complain, as my depression has been very much under control lately. Now I think I will call the pharmacy to order repeats, and go for that walk. Then I can have another coffee, and get down to being productive with TileGamer.

No comments:

Post a Comment