Sunday, February 14, 2010

More Delusions of Grandeur

I'm going to be a multimillionaire: the most successful person who has schizophrenia (and experiences both positive and negative symptoms, on a weekly or even daily basis) in the world. My plan is to create a search engine that stores the meaning of web pages (neural networks), not just their natural language sequences of characters, in which each character is a number between 0 and 127. So say you want to go out to eat, but forget the name of the restaurant you ate at years ago. You can search for, say: "restaurant in toronto with green walls and round black tables, menu item was salmon with white sauce and delicious chocolate mousse dessert". My search engine will scour the Internet for descriptions of that restaurant and return its name, if found. Otherwise it will return a list of similar restaurants. If it works, then Google will pay me millions of dollars to license my technology, or so I hope.

I'm a part-time database programmer (I use Delphi) with little knowledge of AI, programming neural networks, or neuroscience. Because I am part-time, I can devote up to 3 days a week to this project. As a starting point, I have read (numerous times) "On Intelligence" by Jeff Hawkins, 2004, which is about how the human cerebral cortex works, as well as a series of 8 blog posts called The Brain: Universal Invariant Recognition, Part I by Louis Savain, located at http://rebelscience.blogspot.com/. If all else fails, I can fall back on my Pyxelation project, enabling users to create their own browser-based Silverlight-compatible multiplayer games, including Python as a scripting language. It's a long weekend in Ontario so I have some time on my hands. I must tidy up my desk, buy groceries, put tax stuff in one place. I suffer from depression but not this particular weekend. Tomorrow I visit my brother. I might feast on Kraft Dinner this evening. I'm going to post this and make coffee. My sister just emailed me, so I'll tell her about this blog post, and I must comment on Savain's blog. Happy Family Day, for the Torontonians amongst you.

No comments:

Post a Comment