Monday, February 22, 2010

Turning things around

This post is an email I just sent to my boss.

Arvin:

This weekend has seen what I feel is a turning of the corner for me, mood-wise. Ever since the beginning of January, I've been more depressed than usual, mostly due to the SMS Client ID Changer project not going well, and also I didn't do any work on Pyxelation. A week ago I emailed my would-be Pyxelation partner, telling him I wasn't going to pay him $8000, and he hasn't replied yet. Yesterday I downloaded and installed Python, Pygame, and the Komodo Python Editor. Today I copied and pasted a short Pygame program which draws nothing but a 640 x 480 window with a black client area into Komodo (which I pulled off the Internet) and it worked. I intend to use Pygame to implement Pyxelation. I no longer need compatibility with Silverlight, and Pyxelation will be open source.

All Pyxelation users must install Python and Pygame (both are free), even if all they want to do is play games (which is free). Those who want to create games must download the Pyxelator (code editor), which is also free. I intend to work on Pyxelation 2 days a week, and work at APROM 3 days a week. If that goes well I can quit my Back to Basics job at Fred Victor Centre (teaching people how to use the computers) and up it to 3 days a week.

Now that I have Pyxelation development to look forward to once again, both my mood and my productivity will improve. I have a dentist appt. this afternoon. Afterwards I must call Bell and the Globe and Mail to update my credit card info, which expires this month. Happy coding!

MH

No comments:

Post a Comment