Saturday, June 19, 2010

Depression still under control

Five weeks ago I began the implementation of Pygridz, and I've experienced very little depression for the past 3 weeks. If this keeps up, next weekend I will announce on Facebook that I'm cured. For 35 years I've had a lot of depression and mood swings. Now that I have Pygridz to keep me busy, victory over depression is close at hand. Also, on Saturdays I only read the first section of the newspaper, reading the rest of it some other day. Doing that for the past 3 Saturdays, including today, has helped to prevent Saturday depressions. Tomorrow I'm going to call my brother Dave to wish him a Happy Father's Day. I will also tell him about my recent lack of depression.

Pygridz features recently implemented include modifying existing Level, Room, and Tilex records, and more recently, adding new records. A tilex is a collection of one or more square tiles. A level can contain rooms, as well as other levels. An analogy to your file system is that levels and rooms are like folders and files, respectively. Each room contains one or more tilex objects. This weekend I'm going to implement deletion of level, room, and tilex records, as well as a file chooser for the tilex dialog box. Next I will implement the loading and saving of games (each game is a collection of levels, rooms, and tilex records). Later I will implement the Door database. Each door record links 2 room records. I can't believe how much fun Python programming is, even more so than Delphi.

Arvin wants me to write an article for Wikipedia about our company, Brooklyn Computer Systems, otherwise known as APROM/BCS. I look forward to working on that task, as I enjoy writing. There's just one more bug to fix in my current APROM project, and that will hopefully be the last bug. I've been working on that project for about 6 months. My future is bright, probably brighter than it's ever been. On that note, I will say adios, and then get to work on my record-deletion code. In less than half an hour (at 11 a.m.) it will be time for my 2nd cup of coffee. Let the good times roll...

No comments:

Post a Comment