Thursday, June 10, 2010

Mild mid-week depression

I avoided depression last weekend but was mildly depressed yesterday and the day before. Yesterday I took the day off, and did a little Pygridz work. The day before, my allergy was bothering me and I called in sick to my Fred Victor supervisor. Recently I was on cloud nine because I was convinced that my depression cycles had come to an end. That's a bit unrealistic, but I hope that I can minimize future depression by keeping busy with my Pygridz project.

Today I walked to the shelter to meet Constance, and gave her 50 dollars, which I do every month. Along the way I went to the bank machine, and bought a can of Coke for Constance as I only had twenties and one five, so I paid for the Coke with a twenty. After visiting Constance, I took the subway 2 stops and transferred to the Keele bus. I got off at St. Clair and bought at Canadian Tire felt pads that attach to the bottom of chair legs, to protect my wood floor which is starting to get scratched. I then bought computer paper at Staples, and walked home (a 22-minute walk). I don't mind much not having a car, although it can complicate shopping errands somewhat, having to rely on legwork and the TTC. I might work on Pygridz today. For lunch I will have a pizza patty, which I heat up in the microwave. A week ago I called Susan (my brother Dave's partner), but she didn't return my call, so I'll call Dave this evening.

On Saturday I will try once again my new technique for avoiding depression: I will read only the first section of the newspaper, reading the rest of it some other day. If I'm depressed after reading the newspaper I'll have a nap. It worked last weekend, as I did not get depressed, instead I worked on Pygridz. After lunch hopefully I'll work on Pygridz some more, and have a 3rd cup of coffee. Hopefully in the future I will experience more stability; it seems like a long time since I've had a sleepless night, which I associate with the transition from being depressed to not being depressed. I'm going to have lunch now. Down with depression! Up with Pygridz and stability! That wraps up one more blog post in the World of Harold.

No comments:

Post a Comment