Saturday, June 12, 2010

Depression under control

My depression has been under control for the past 2 weeks. I attribute that to 3 factors: I only read the first section of the newspaper on Saturdays; I have Pygridz development to keep me busy; and my APROM project is almost finished. Today after I read the paper I was somewhat depressed, so I went back to bed and got up about 3 hours later. Then I worked on Pygridz. Yesterday at work I did some work unrelated to my main project, and I will bill APROM for that work (my current, main project is on the house, and I don't bill APROM for work done on that project).

My brother Dave returned my call, and his partner Susan is going to do my income tax return (she forgot about it). He wanted me to come over this weekend as his computer is slow. I googled "how to fix a slow computer" and found 2 useful links. He said he would call me yesterday but he didn't call.

Today I finished writing Pygridz code that validates the contents of a dialog box (e.g. numeric fields that contain letters instead of digits are flagged as invalid). It also saves the contents of that dialog box in memory, so the next time the user edits that particular record in that dialog box the saved values appear onscreen. By tomorrow I hope to finish writing code to save the contents of all dialog boxes in my project, both in memory and on the user's hard drive.

On Monday I have an appt. w/ my GP. I want to get a physical and my previous urine test (ordered by my shrink) indicated that I have protein in my urine. On Tuesday I will have my watch battery replaced. My watch often slows down (loses time) and stops sometimes. I'm going to have leftover linguine with pasta sauce for dinner, in about an hour. Maybe I will have a 3rd cup of coffee soon. So that's the kind of 2-week pay period it's been in my life, here in T.O., and so long for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment