Saturday, June 26, 2010

Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog, Facebook friends. I'm 50 years old, and have had schizophrenia for 27 years (since I was 23). I have also been depressed on and off (almost on a weekly basis) since my early adolescence. Six weeks ago I started to implement a software project that I had been designing, sporadically, for a decade or more. This project, which I call Pygridz, lets you create your own multiplayer games. For the past 4 weeks I have experienced very little depression, as a direct result of having my Pygridz project to keep me busy.

Another thing I've been doing differently is only reading the first section of the newspaper on Saturdays, and reading the rest of it some other day. This prevents me from getting depressed on Saturdays (or if I do feel depressed, I have a nap). Previously I got depressed almost every Saturday.

I am optimistic that my current state of being relatively depression-free will continue, at least until I finish Pygridz. I expect that project to take a couple of years or so to complete. My part-time programming job (3 days a week) is also going well. I look forward to visiting my sister in October. To all you gamers out there, just wait until Pygridz.com goes live. Then you'll be able to make your own games and play them with your friends. Let the Games begin (the virtual, multiplayer kind, that is).

No comments:

Post a Comment