Thursday, September 23, 2010

JTetra is the new Pygridz

I recently stumbled across a very comprehensive game programming web site put out by Amit Patel. I sent him an email about Pygridz, asking him if I had a good business model. He replied that he doesn't know much about business models, but I probably shouldn't use Python to develop Pygridz. I replied that I could use Silverlight and IronPython, and he said that was a good idea, but I could make more money (attract more users) if I use either Flash or Javascript+Canvas. So I'm choosing the latter: Javascript+Canvas and HTML5, enabling my product to run almost anywhere, even on smart phones (and Macs). The new name of Pygridz is JTetra.

Today I must go to the post office and mail my income tax return (I get a refund). Yesterday I worked 4.67 hours at APROM. I hope to work at least 9 hours per week, 2 or 3 days per week (for the past 2 months I've worked very few hours). I must remember to floss my teeth today. I'm going to sign up with Netflix and get unlimited movies for $8/month. Then I won't need cable TV anymore (I have Bell as my TV provider), since I can watch the CBC news on my computer. This weekend I will work on JTetra. Tomorrow or next week I must visit my Aunt Helen in the nursing home. She has Alzheimer's, and I haven't visited her in several months.

After my vacation in October I'm going to return to Sound Times, as a member, not staff. I used to work there (a drop-in for consumer/survivors) as a computer teacher. I might have to transfer some more money from my ING savings account to my chequing account, due to the lack of APROM income I have had for the past several months. Soon I will have 2 toasted frozen waffles for lunch, and then go to the post office. This afternoon I plan to research Javascript and Canvas, for developing games. I'll soon be wearing a new hat: that of a Game Developer. Blessed are the Gamers, for they shall inherit the Earth (and hopefully pay lots of JTetra subscription fees). So with dollar signs in my eyes, I hereby wrap up one more blog post. Easy does it.

No comments:

Post a Comment